Frank Wilson Fired

TheReal_jayD

32 minutes ago, GreenFlag said:

I bet they go after Graham Harrell. 

Hmmm, my guess would be no.  Graham Harrell was such an ineffective OC here that half of this board bitched & moaned about his playcalling for quite some time.  Surely someone who was incapable of being a capable OC in CUSA wouldn't be considered for a HC in CUSA?  😋

Edited by vpackrats
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

4 minutes ago, vpackrats said:

Hmmm, my guess would be no.  Graham Harrell was such an ineffective OC here that half of this board bitched & moaned about his playcalling for quite some time.  Surely someone who was incapable of being a capable OC in CUSA wouldn't be considered for a HC in CUSA?  😋

Right? His offense was 29th and 24th nationally the last two years he was here. 

• Upvote 3

39 minutes ago, GreenFlag said:

Right? His offense was 29th and 24th nationally the last two years he was here. 

Do you forget Harrell's offense was also the master of disappearing in the second half of games? Our 4 loses in 2018: (LA Tech- 6 second half points, UAB- 0 second half points, ODU- 3 second half points, & Utah State- 6 second half points).

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 5

Just now, Side Show Joe said:

Do you forget Harrell's offense was also the master of disappearing in the second half of games? Our 4 loses in 2018: (LA Tech- 6 second half points, UAB- 0 second half points, ODU- 3 second half points, & Utah State- 6 second half points).

I blame SL for that, but the USU game we only scored 14 points so 

• Eye Roll 1

4 minutes ago, Side Show Joe said:

Yes I do remember all of those. I also remember thrashing SMU and Arkansas on our way to a 9 win season. 

• Upvote 6

3 hours ago, vpackrats said:

Wow. GH has received nothing but praise on the Nations level. Look what he did at USC with multiple QB's.

Please get over the GH is not good crap.

• Upvote 6
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 1

3 hours ago, GreenFlag said:

Yes I do remember all of those. I also remember thrashing SMU and Arkansas on our way to a 9 win season. 

If you remember those games well, than you would agree that this year's SMU team is light-years better than last season's (that's why they will be bowling). I loved our win at Arkansas too, but Arkansas turned out to be trash last season, and was still trash this year too (that's why they fired Morris during the season). Yes, 9 wins was nice, but we only beat 1 FBS team with a winning record last season (Southern Miss). Any honest person will concede that North Texas did not play as hard of a schedule last year. And again, Harrell's offense disappeared in the second half of games when we played good defenses. Those are just the facts.

• Upvote 1