CUSA Final Standings

C Rod

Back in September, my dumb ass didn’t check first and unknowingly purchased tickets right next to the Cal student section. 🤡 We had to listen to this god-awful, “ROOOOOOOLL ON YOOOOOU BEAAAAAARS!” student chant every time Cal made a first down. Worst of all, Rico Bussey went down 10 yds in front of us, just in earshot of him screaming in pain. Had we been allowed adult beverages in our section I would have drank, heavily. It was brutal but I made peace because we had only lost by 6 on the road vs a P5 school. 

When it was over my wife gave me a hug and asked if the loss, coupled with the SMU loss, and losing Rico ruined our season. Like a clown, I smiled and said NO WAY! Because we had Mason, and thankfully CUSA was a total dumpster fire. I confidently told her we were picked to win CUSA and it’s not how you start, but how you finish. 🤡

10 weeks later the season is mercifully over. Our last win was two days after Halloween. We finished 0-3 in our final 3 games and 0-6 on the road this year. We also allowed Rice to embarrass us and finish ahead in the standings as a final coup de grâce. 🤡 In one season I’ve given my wife more than enough material to bust my balls for an entire lifetime.

If anyone is looking to join a circus, look no further because you have found your ringleader. Just know I’ll be right back here next season supporting our school. Go Mean Green.

714522E5-AFE2-4296-8295-F7849814774B.jpeg

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 3
  • Eye Roll 1

With their starting quarterback upright at game's end, that Cal team was 6-0.  It was a real solid effort by the guys....probably the best game we had all year.

Hard to believe we had a 4-8 season.  Sure it happens to almost everyone (I remember Michigan State won like 3 games a season after an 11 win campaign a few years ago), but it always seems to happen to us.

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 4
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 2

48 minutes ago, jtm0097 said:

I had multiple Cal fans come up to me after the game praising the team and Mason.

It's a damn shame we couldn't win more games this season. I'm thankful for the seniors and their contributions. However, I think next year is a down year as well.

I think we will outperform expectations next year.  We are much better as an underdog.

For fans of horror movies, this was like Halloween 3 - Season of the Witch.  Where after you watched it you scratched your head and said, "It had the same names but what the hello was that?"  

Thank goodness the series got back on track after it realized it's sideways turn and attempt took it right off the cliff.

So glad the horror that was the 2019 season is over.

GMG

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, C Rod said:

Back in September, my dumb ass didn’t check first and unknowingly purchased tickets right next to the Cal student section. 🤡 We had to listen to this god-awful, “ROOOOOOOLL ON YOOOOOU BEAAAAAARS!” student chant every time Cal made a first down. Worst of all, Rico Bussey went down 10 yds in front of us, just in earshot of him screaming in pain. Had we been allowed adult beverages in our section I would have drank, heavily. It was brutal but I made peace because we had only lost by 6 on the road vs a P5 school. 

When it was over my wife gave me a hug and asked if the loss, coupled with the SMU loss, and losing Rico ruined our season. Like a clown, I smiled and said NO WAY! Because we had Mason, and thankfully CUSA was a total dumpster fire. I confidently told her we were picked to win CUSA and it’s not how you start, but how you finish. 🤡

10 weeks later the season is mercifully over. Our last win was two days after Halloween. We finished 0-3 in our final 3 games and 0-6 on the road this year. We also allowed Rice to embarrass us and finish ahead in the standings as a final coup de grâce. 🤡 In one season I’ve given my wife more than enough material to bust my balls for an entire lifetime.

If anyone is looking to join a circus, look no further because you have found your ringleader. Just know I’ll be right back here next season supporting our school. Go Mean Green.

714522E5-AFE2-4296-8295-F7849814774B.jpeg

4th highest PF in the conference makes me smile.  Then, I see our PA and click away...

• Sad 1