Dez Forrest, RB, Weatherford 2021

Marty

Dez Forrest is a dynamite running back built in small package (listed at 5 '7). He just wrapped up his Junior year at Weatherford HS and put up big numbers. He's a natural leader who plays with a chip on his shoulder and is vocal in and out of the huddle. I watched as he transferred in from Arlington and immediately the team rallied behind him.

I had a close look at Dez all season because I've been filming Weatherford QB Ken Seals for the past two years. The Weatherford offense exploded this year with the addition of Forrest and the running game allowed Ken to thrive and put up record numbers. Dez is fast and elusive. There were so many times I would watch Dez break defender's ankles and take it 60+ yds to the house. He had a 9TD game to kickoff the season against Granbury and never looked back. 

If you scrub to the 1:14 mark in the video below, you'll see Dez catch a screen pass from Ken and take it 82 yds for the game-winning, go-ahead score. 

https://twitter.com/TheCRodriguez/status/1194068246854557696?s=20

Edited by C Rod
  • Upvote 4