Any news on Siggers?

Felozano

7 minutes ago, Felozano said:

Was it his knee?  He got tackled awkwardly. I thought it was nice how the entire team went on the field to check on him.  

It looked like he went right down when he made a move. I mean he grabbed his knee is a half second. I hope he recovers quick and get's healthy to play next year.

Also SL didn't comment on it sooooo

4 hours ago, SilverEagle said:

I watched the replay on the broadcast (Chnl 47 on DIRECTV) and he went down after his left foot was pointing inward as he put his weight on it. He started going down immediately....... grasping for his knee. The UAB defender didn't bring him down, and it looked like his hit didn't make the injury any worse. 

So kinda like the Bussey injury that was no contact from another player?

12 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

So kinda like the Bussey injury that was no contact from another player?

Pretty much.  From the TV, it looked like he was hurt when he planted and his leg was twisting (before he was hit).  I wouldn't be surprised if it were an ACL injury, as it didn't look good.  Hoping it's just dislocated/nothing more serious than that.  I thought I saw his leg in an aircast as he was taken off on the cart, but maybe it was just wrapped up.

Also, when I tore my ACL (in college), I was taken to the ER, but it didn't do a thing for me.  They were able to rule out a broken bone, but I knew that going there since I heard something pop.  I went back to my dorm and called our orthopedic surgeon the next morning who got me in that day and could actually do an MRI on me.  You'll get more answers there than you will at an ER - X-Rays won't show soft tissue like ACL's, so it's best to wait and get an MRI done.

Edited by Jessica M Hall
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, SilverEagle said:

I watched the replay on the broadcast (Chnl 47 on DIRECTV) and he went down after his left foot was pointing inward as he put his weight on it. He started going down immediately....... grasping for his knee. The UAB defender didn't bring him down, and it looked like his hit didn't make the injury any worse. 

This. It was in an air cast as they carted him off. Really tough watching him cry. He seems like such a great young man.  Hopefully it was only a dislocated knee cap with no other damage. 

• Upvote 1