Thank you Mason

Harry

image.jpeg

You brought this fanbase so much fun and excitement in the time you were here and we are all so very honored to have witnessed it. You are - without a doubt  - one of the greatest players in the history of the program and should be a first ballot Hall of Famer.

Thank you for representing the University of North Texas in a such a first class way both on and off the field.  I wish you and your family nothing but the best.  i know that no matter what you do you will be a great success.  

Go Mean Green!

• Harry featured this topic

Mason is the best role model of a student athlete. He fights his ass off, and never gives up. He has made us proud to be North Texas, and he will forever be one of the best players to come through UNT.

Watching him grow from a small kid to a beast has been fun to watch. Even though we didn't accomplish the ultimate mission, we had a player to remember!

I hope we see him on Sunday's!

• Upvote 6
  • Lovely Take 1

1 hour ago, Side Show Joe said:

All my best to Mason and the rest of the seniors. Thank you guys, and hope to see y'all in the stands next season.

Mason will be busy prepping for games on Sundays... biding his time for his opportunity, just like he did here for a couple games.

He’s gonna make it y’all.  I don’t know how after watching him here for 4 years, anyone could disagree.

Just please don’t be the Giants, Redskins, or Eagles!!

• Upvote 5
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

Just now, MeanGreenTexan said:

Mason will be busy prepping for games on Sundays... biding his time for his opportunity, just like he did here for a couple games.

He’s gonna make it y’all.  I don’t know how after watching him here for 4 years, anyone could disagree.

Better knock on wood with that last statement

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Hope you are right. Fine deserves a shot at the Pros.

Missed y'all tonight. Hope all is well.

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, Harry said:

image.jpeg

You brought this fanbase so much fun and excitement in the time you were here and we are all so very honored to have witnessed it. You are - without a doubt  - one of the greatest players in the history of the program and should be a first ballot Hall of Famer.

Thank you for representing the University of North Texas in a such a first class way both on and off the field.  I wish you and your family nothing but the best.  i know that no matter what you do you will be a great success.  

Go Mean Green!

stephen colbert win GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

• Thanks 1

It's going to be hard to measure the impact Mason has made on UNT football.  I'll use my own situation as an example.  My kid had ZERO interest in football but he was nice enough to tag along with ol' dad to the games in Denton.  We were there for "The Drive" in 2017 and he instantly became fan of the game and a BIG fan of Mason.  Over the past couple of years, he tried to find opportunities to meet him.  The pictures below chronicle some of those efforts.  

#1 - Giving him a high-five after the Rice game in 2017

#2 - Getting SL to autograph "The Drive" poster with Greatest Game Ever! during 2018's Coaches Caravan in Plano

#3 - More high-fives before Homecoming 2018

#4, #5 & #6 - Getting his jersey signed after the FAU game in 2018 and (finally) getting a picture with him

#7 - Another picture after the UTSA game in 2018

#8 - Getting his helmet signed UTSA this season.

So, if my kid is an example, it's conceivable that Mason has inspired a whole generation of kids to believe in the Mean Green.  And, maybe a lot of them will want to play in Denton.  It's been so much fun watching Mason play, and I'll enjoy buying my kid a NFL jersey with his number on it when the time comes.  

p1.jpg

p2.jpg

p3.jpg

p4.jpg

p5.jpg

p6.jpg

p7.jpg

p8.jpg

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1

19 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

On the radio post game show, they said that they will be having a final Littrell Coaches' Show (for the season) at Rudy's on Tuesday night and that MASON FINE will be the primary guest.  We need to pack Rudy's go the gills.  That would be a much more respectful way to send him off than letting tonight's game be his last memory as UNT's QB.

I came from SA just to see him play his last game and I have no regrets.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1