Wren & Coach Mumbles

mgfan

35 minutes ago, Professor Lambeau said:

Let me guess: UAB is a good football team. . . Need to get better in all three phases. . . Need to do a better job of coaching. . . Need to handle adversity. . .

Dont forget, "Now we get ready for next year" and maybe "This senior class blah blah blah" and possibly the crowd

1 hour ago, p_phelps said:

I think the attendance today better grab wrens attention 

Did you see any of the Marshall vs FIU today?.   A home game for Marshall that actually meant something.   They showed some very good shots of the whole stadium and there could not have been a thousand there.  

I thought the NT crowd was about what was to be expected.  

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1

Just now, GrandGreen said:

Did you see any of the Marshall vs FIU today?.   A home game for Marshall that actually meant something.   They showed some very good shots of the whole stadium and there could not have been a thousand there.  

I thought the NT crowd was about what was to be expected.  

Let's not aspire to have dog shit attendance like our peers and accept it as OK because they seem OK with it. 

Nevertheless, I will never be upset at fans for not coming out to watch a shit show. 

• Upvote 11
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 7

11 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Let's not aspire to have dog shit attendance like our peers and accept it as OK because they seem OK with it. 

Nevertheless, I will never be upset at fans for not coming out to watch a shit show. 

OK, I don't accept NT's attendance.  I have no idea what that means, but if it makes someone happy.  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 2

Just now, peanuts104 said:

Rice was a shit show.  Charlotte was a shit show. La Tech was a shit show. Today we played them close all game and the defense had one of their better games.  They almost completely shut out the UAB offense in the second half.  I love what Mason has done for us, but that pick six was costly. The other interception wasn't great, all though on replay it looked like the safety bit on the underneath route, but obviously he didn't.  Play calling on offense wasn't perfect but it wasn't as bad as other games this season.  It was a good, competitive game to watch, even if we did lose.

There were some missed calls as well....a facemask near the end. Lots of unsportsmanlike calls....

• Upvote 1

When we played Houston, I knew we were in for it when their team ran out of the tunnel and came to the endzone to stretch/pray.  THEY ARE massive compared to our boys, across the board.  Then watching them line up I still dont understand why they ever threw the ball.  Their o-line was massive.

• Upvote 4

52 minutes ago, MEANGREENCOACH2 said:

When we played Houston, I knew we were in for it when their team ran out of the tunnel and came to the endzone to stretch/pray.  THEY ARE massive compared to our boys, across the board.  Then watching them line up I still dont understand why they ever threw the ball.  Their o-line was massive.

I mean they had fresh rotations and both groups were monsters. I am surprised that they finished 4-8, but that would mean we would've gone 1-11 this year😂

Team, these two men are new to this. This is the first time they have be subjected to this high and low. I would expect them to go into robot mode. We have to remember we are starting behind the eight ball. We are just now at the standard that you conduct an athletic program. They will grow and be better..... if Seth can’t recruit he is gone after the 2021 season. I believe if we go 5-7 next year Seth hits a pass with a new Qb in all. But after that you better produce or the boat has sailed. 

Edited by Sig381
  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

11 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

It's not about "liking" anyone. It's not about like. It's about wins. Win or piss off. 

Basically, that’s the choice of fans here. Enjoy the rare winning season here or piss off. Well, after two fun years, we are back to seeing pissed off, which means pissed away. 

Again, North Texas Football is either yours or it’s not. For the 2% that actually care by showing up, donating, and following the team when you can’t be there, this is just back to normal. Next year, as we rebuild, I suspect we will beat FCS spare at home (HBU) in front of a nice crowd, then get pummeled by SMU here in front of a large crowd. After that, especially after UH and A&M plow us over, I suspect that crowds will start to dwindle again, save for the Homecoming date. And we will play somebody like Charlotte in a late season game here in front of a few thousand again. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

20 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

Basically, that’s the choice of fans here. Enjoy the rare winning season here or piss off. Well, after two fun years, we are back to seeing pissed off, which means pissed away. 

Again, North Texas Football is either yours or it’s not. For the 2% that actually care by showing up, donating, and following the team when you can’t be there, this is just back to normal. Next year, as we rebuild, I suspect we will beat FCS spare at home (HBU) in front of a nice crowd, then get pummeled by SMU here in front of a large crowd. After that, especially after UH and A&M plow us over, I suspect that crowds will start to dwindle again, save for the Homecoming date. And we will play somebody like Charlotte in a late season game here in front of a few thousand again. 

That's about the season I Invision. Its gonna be ugly in September.