***OFFICIAL UAB vs UNT Game THREAD***

Harry

12 minutes ago, untbowler said:

Would not count on changes. SL loyal to his staff and all are friends.

Then he is all talk when he talks about holding coaches and players accountable.  If he keeps them he sends a message that this is acceptable. And if so, I don’t think I will care to follow such a program moving forward until changes are made.

Edited by Travis
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

23 minutes ago, p_phelps said:

I hate this f*****g team... I didn't care about losing... I just wanted to see mason go out slinging it... can't even get 2 seconds before sacked.... swear to christ, Langston and reff aren't fired tonight I'm done with this program until changes are made

Agreed!

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, p_phelps said:

I hate this f*****g team... I didn't care about losing... I just wanted to see mason go out slinging it... can't even get 2 seconds before sacked.... swear to christ, Langston and reff aren't fired tonight I'm done with this program until changes are made

Wife and I said the same thing.  We will invest in a program when they invest in themselves.  Aka getting better and firing coaches that need to go.  

SL losses to another team above. 500

• Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 1

24 minutes ago, p_phelps said:

I could go either way on Reff because we weren’t dreadful the past 2 seasons but we MUST send Reeder packing for me to have any hope for next season. He is as bad as Flanagan and worse than Chico.

• Upvote 6

Really poor situational play calling again and it cost us a win for the seniors in their last game. Also, it must be noted that CUSA officiating is the worst in the nation. This lineswoman they keep pushing on us is out of her depth and was atrocious today for both teams. She wasn't alone in her poor officiating but holy crap it was terrible today.

• Upvote 4
  • Ray 1

52 minutes ago, mgfan said:

Wife and I said the same thing.  We will invest in a program when they invest in themselves.  Aka getting better and firing coaches that need to go.  

SL losses to another team above. 500

RT

I've supported this team for years now, and the fact that some of these coaches will be here Monday makes me furious. 

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

3 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Our CBs just plain suck.

Part of it is scheme, but a bigger part is just sorry coverage skills.

Jennings has to be high on the replacement list after this season’s performance. Can’t ever recall seeing so many DPI’s on third down (or overall). Was an issue all year and anyone paying attention could see them coming before they happened. 

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

4 hours ago, Cerebus said:

If your want to know what’s gone wrong on offense this year: that last drive ended when UAB sent 3, and 2 got there.

2 hours ago, Salsa_Verde said:

A 3 man rush ends Mason Fine’s career. Just so damn disappointed 

Two posts from two very different points in the game. Both fitting microcosms. 4 seniors on that overmatched o-line today. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, meangreenacct said:

At the game...the attendance may be one of the worst I’ve ever seen. The seniors deserved so much better than this.

You're forgetting about Lance Dunbar's last game against the MUTS.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, untbowler said:

Would not count on changes. SL loyal to his staff and all are friends.

It’s HIS career.

Let them bring his ship down, or make necessary changes & know your friends will find other means of employment.  

Its not like firing a D1 asst coach is going to send them & their families to the homeless shelters.

Every one of them will land on their feet.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BillySee58 said:

Jennings has to be high on the replacement list after this season’s performance. Can’t ever recall seeing so many DPI’s on third down (or overall). Was an issue all year and anyone paying attention could see them coming before they happened. 

I don't think they know how to turn there heads. I mean at least 5 times they were looking forward instead of the ball. Also DPI's are just killer, but HOW DO YOU GET 2 IN A ROW!!! That just sent me

48 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

I don't think they know how to turn there heads. I mean at least 5 times they were looking forward instead of the ball. Also DPI's are just killer, but HOW DO YOU GET 2 IN A ROW!!! That just sent me

NT had just finished winning back the lead & all the momentum there with less than 2 mins left in the half & those back-to-back PIs just killed everything.  Just terrible.

Edited by MeanGreenTexan
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

NT had just finished winning back the lead & all the momentum there with less than 2 mins left in the half & those back-to-back PIs just killed everything.  Just terrible.

The 1st one though was a terrible call. I sit row 1 in section 111, and Harvey was going with the receiver. If they knew how to turn their heads, it would't of happened. 

#firereffett and #firelangston 

• Upvote 1