Staff wants

Cr1028

I get the displeasure with this season’s defense but the offense has regressed under Reeder as well which puts more pressure on the defense. Here are some stats so you can ponder if just replacing Reffett is really going to fix our drop off this year.

Our rank in total defense fell from 48th to 85th but our rank in total offense fell from 20th to 48th.

In scoring defense we fell to 107th from 43rd while scoring offense fell from 27th to 49th.

I think the biggest issue we have faced this season is the drastic shift in turnovers. We went from plus 5 in turnover margin to minus 5. Last year we were 34th in turnovers gained, this year 111th. Last year we were 35th in turnovers lost, this year we are 80th (meaning we are worse and losing the ball more).

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Rudy said:

Yes, the offense regressed, but that's no excuse for always lining your corners 10 yards off the ball, not looking back, or not tackling. 

This is an honest question based on the last 4 years, is that a Reffett problem or a Galen Scott/Clay Jennings problem? Or even a loss of Ejiyah, Brooks, Hall problem?

11 hours ago, Green Crazy said:

Did anyone ever address why Gaddie didn't replace one of the corners?  He played special teams, so I'm pretty sure his redshirt was burned.  Does this mean he wasn't better than those two?  From the little I saw from him in the spring practice he looked like he had something. 

Totally agree.  Very concerning.   Littrell is not one to keep a baller on the sideline if he’s better than the starters.  See Siggers over Torrey/Easly.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Totally agree.  Very concerning.   Littrell is not one to keep a baller on the sideline if he’s better than the starters.  See Siggers over Torrey/Easly.

Idk about that.

I think Littrell is selective about his "ballers". If they fit the culture to a T and they're ballers they play. Maybe Gaddie hasn't fallen in line yet.

• Ray 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

On 11/28/2019 at 12:03 PM, Green Crazy said:

Did anyone ever address why Gaddie didn't replace one of the corners?  He played special teams, so I'm pretty sure his redshirt was burned.  Does this mean he wasn't better than those two?  From the little I saw from him in the spring practice he looked like he had something. 

Are you asking if a true freshman that came in over the summer should have started over a 6th year SEC player? I mean I think Gaddie is talented but in reality he likely would have redshirted instead if the defensive backfield wasn’t such a mess. Roberts leaving the program was probably why he was listed as the backup. 

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, 97and03 said:

Are you asking if a true freshman that came in over the summer should have started over a 6th year SEC player? I mean I think Gaddie is talented but in reality he likely would have redshirted instead if the defensive backfield wasn’t such a mess. Roberts leaving the program was probably why he was listed as the backup. 

I guess Roberts left because he saw Harvey and Harrison (who has done nothing except score a TD on ST) I wish he would've stayed

We wouldn't of looked so bad against SMU 

Maybe

20 hours ago, 97and03 said:

Roberts was our best returning cover corner, IMO.  I wish he wouldn’t have bailed.