Moobs

When will Reffett be let go?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. When will Reffett be let go?

• Post game Saturday
    • Sunday
    • Monday

9 minutes ago, Moobs said:

Mizzou just let go of their head coach. They didn’t wait for a signing class. Why should we wait for a signing class to let go of a DC?  Let him go, bring in someone new, and let the new guy solidify the recruits ASAP. 

If we lose both our LBs because we fire Reffett, then it's down the cellar lol

• Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 2

1 hour ago, southsideguy said:

Any graduate transfers looking for playing time on the DL, OL, LB, DB should come here.

We have to actually hit on those guys though because we tried that this year & whiffed on all 3.  

And I don’t know about LB.  We have some 1st year starters at LB this year.  They’ll be much better next year (and probably in a different scheme).

• Upvote 1

Just now, MeanGreenTexan said:

We have to actually hit on those guys though because we tried that this year & whiffed on all 3.  

And I don’t know about LB.  We have some 1st year starters at LB this year.  They’ll be much better next year (and probably in a different scheme).

I think our only big hits were Ejiya and Hall in the SL era for defense

12 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

If Reffett stays, as it is appearing he will, it just goes to show how comfy SL is on the job right now given there isn't any

I hope everyone who was complaining about the coordinators is now willing to up their ticket purchases/MGSF donations by 10%. 

If you want a big boy program you better help out with the big boy prices.

6 hours ago, Cerebus said:

I hope everyone who was complaining about the coordinators is now willing to up their ticket purchases/MGSF donations by 10%. 

If you want a big boy program you better help out with the big boy prices.

I don't think anyone is in the mood to fork over more money if Littrell  ends up hiring some old G5 retreads, FCS level coordinators, or P5 position coaches as our next coordinators. I know I wouldn't.

But, I agree. If we want to be a bigger player on the college football landscape, we do need to expand our coaching options as we raise our expectations. If we actually do bring in some "big boy" coordinator, I will increase my MGSF donation for next season by 20% from my current giving level (10% for each coordinator). But, those better be some big time, attention grabbing hires that get us positive national media coverage, and excite recruits.