Jump to content
  • Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

    Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Sign in to follow this  
Cerebus

Renfro decommits

Recommended Posts

Just now, greenminer said:

I can’t help but notice these posts come out AFTER a recruit decommits.

It's called playing nice when he was ours. He turned on us so the gloves are off 😈

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, meangreenbob said:

You don’t make a commitment months in advance, only to withdraw it near the due date placing the other party in a potentially precarious position. If you aren’t 100% sure then you wait, you look for better offers first. It’s called integrity. With that being said and as others have already mentioned I think we are good at the QB position. Good luck to the kid. 

Now I agree

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, greenminer said:

I can’t help but notice these posts come out AFTER a recruit decommits.

We have some good young Qbs on the team now. Wouldn't mind  a transfer or Juco Qb get signed

  • Upvote 1
  • Ray 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As long as others don’t follow suit, I’m not too upset.  Kind of sorry on his part to decommit so late in the process, but I guess that’s part of the business of college athletics

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, greenminer said:

 

Yeah!   I like that response.  And Thompson was one who was working out with Renfro over the Summer.

And Vito’s stirring the pot with his ‘most important’ comment.  Lose Williams or the two stud LB’s, and we have problems.

  • Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, greenminer said:

 

disagree with Vito, Renfro was not the most important recruit on the list, sorry not when we have plenty of QB's and it was not a foregone conclusion it would be his team in the fall.

  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DentonLurker said:

Grown men who tweet recruits scare me. If you're not employed by UNT as a coach, you need to stay away.

Especially the ones that tweet right to the kid saying he’ll get buried on the depth chart and end up going JUCO

Edited by MeanGreen22
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, greenminer said:

I can’t help but notice these posts come out AFTER a recruit decommits.

Well, I was very underwhelmed by watching him play in person but I want to give Seth the benefit of the doubt and don’t want to talk smack about a future Mean Green player... But yes, now that he is decomitted, I have no problem sharing my negative evaluation of him.
If he had signed here I would have kept that thought to myself. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DentonLurker said:

Grown men who tweet recruits scare me. If you're not employed by UNT as a coach, you need to stay away. You're not helping.

those replies are cancer

  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, untbowler said:

disagree with Vito, Renfro was not the most important recruit on the list, sorry not when we have plenty of QB's and it was not a foregone conclusion it would be his team in the fall.

Agree. The most important needs are O Line and D Line. We have a very good QB and are experiencing first hand the importance of the Lines!!!!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we can keep these skill positions, get some grown men on the line, then we wouldn’t need a superstar at QB.

Just a guy that can go through his reads and get the ball to the right person at the right time.

I know linemen are hard to get, but dang it there’s no way around it: you win and lose games in the trenches.  Coaches need to stop trying to dodge that and figure something out.

I’m not asking us to beat out the SEC’s of the world for those 4 and 5 star guys.  I’m asking us to beat LaTech and USM.  They’re facing the same uphill battles we are and we’re investing much, much more.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, meangreenbob said:

They need to learn to honor their commitments. It’s called INTEGRITY.

This line of thinking is tired. An 18 year old deciding to change his mind has nothing to do with integrity. Ever changed your mind in life? Perhaps change jobs?

  • Upvote 9
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, greenminer said:

If we can keep these skill positions, get some grown men on the line, then we wouldn’t need a superstar at QB.

Just a guy that can go through his reads and get the ball to the right person at the right time.

I know linemen are hard to get, but dang it there’s no way around it: you win and lose games in the trenches.  Coaches need to stop trying to dodge that and figure something out.

I’m not asking us to beat out the SEC’s of the world for those 4 and 5 star guys.  I’m asking us to beat LaTech and USM.  They’re facing the same uphill battles we are and we’re investing much, much more.

Animated GIF

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DentonLurker said:

This line of thinking is tired. An 18 year old deciding to change his mind has nothing to do with integrity. Ever changed your mind in life? Perhaps change jobs?

Heck.  Maybe your right and at some point they changed what the words “commitment” and “committed” mean.  Just look at divorce rates.

 

  • Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, DentonLurker said:

This line of thinking is tired. An 18 year old deciding to change his mind has nothing to do with integrity. Ever changed your mind in life? Perhaps change jobs?

Yeah, your right. Let’s give everyone a trophy and a safe space. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, DentonLurker said:

This line of thinking is tired. An 18 year old deciding to change his mind has nothing to do with integrity. Ever changed your mind in life? Perhaps change jobs?

On one hand I understand, on the other hand I get sick of always hearing how kids at 18 (or younger) should be treated like adults and listened too, but as soon as they do something we hear "their only 18". 

  • Upvote 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some of your act like UNT can’t pull the an offer any time they want.  Some of you sent like once the offer is signed UNT doesn’t have the option not to renew every single year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, meangreenbob said:

Yeah, your right. Let’s give everyone a trophy and a safe space. 

Sounds like you’re the one that needs a safe space. Getting all triggered bc a high schooler doesn’t want to go to your school anymore. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please review our full Privacy Policy before using our site.