Renfro decommits

Cerebus

17 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

People stream ESPN for college sports, not Facebook...

Yeah, for now. The stats are on Facebook's side though. People who interact with an ad are over 70 times more likely to buy and people interact with Facebook broadcasts and the different kinds of ads they run. As of last May Facebook Broadcasting was over a billion views. Plus you have direct attribution of the ads meaning and advertiser knows the X click came directly from Y game and 1980s style cable can't come close to matching that. 

https://99firms.com/blog/facebook-live-stats/#gref

Edited by VideoEagle
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, VideoEagle said:

Just to be completely clear, ESPN is moving TOWARD streaming and AWAY from traditional cable. Streaming is where things are going. 

Correct. This ESPN push towards streaming is a directive from Disney. Disney wants make ESPN+ into the Netflix of live sports.

• Upvote 2

On 11/27/2019 at 5:52 PM, BillySee58 said:

Whichever QBs don’t win the job between Aune, Bean, Martin, or Kuehne are probably not going to want to stick around as the backup for the next three years. I could see only one of those four still on campus come the 2021 season. So despite having all these young QBs on campus, we still need another young one with some distance between the starter, classification wise.

This might be a good time to remind people that Cade Fennegan is supposed to be on campus back from his mission for the 2020 season.

https://247sports.com/Player/Cade-Fennegan-46036946/

I think I’d still like to see us sign a QB this class. Whether it’s Renfro or someone else.

I really like Austin. I still would like to see a transfer or JUCO while obviously red shirting Cade. I agree with the upgraded talent on recruiting, but I still would like to see 5/6 transfers. Lane sure has had success!

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1

On 11/27/2019 at 5:52 PM, BillySee58 said:

Whichever QBs don’t win the job between Aune, Bean, Martin, or Kuehne are probably not going to want to stick around as the backup for the next three years. I could see only one of those four still on campus come the 2021 season. So despite having all these young QBs on campus, we still need another young one with some distance between the starter, classification wise.

This might be a good time to remind people that Cade Fennegan is supposed to be on campus back from his mission for the 2020 season.

https://247sports.com/Player/Cade-Fennegan-46036946/

I think I’d still like to see us sign a QB this class. Whether it’s Renfro or someone else.

Mission? Is he LDS?

So did Fennegan actually sign back in 2018? If so, then he should be out there in the spring. 

40 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

Mission? Is he LDS?

So did Fennegan actually sign back in 2018? If so, then he should be out there in the spring. 

Yes, and no he did not sign in 2018 so not sure which class his scholarship would be counted towards. Given that they do 2-year missions, I’m not sure that he would be done with it by spring. He graduated high school in May or June of 2018 so I would think it would not be completed until summer of 2020.

• Upvote 1

On 11/29/2019 at 10:44 AM, SilverEagle said:

...you mean like this guy?

Besides adding 40+ lbs of muscle, I observed that he also had a very important trait that was mentioned by Darryll Royal in one of his (many) famous quotes...

"Only angry people win football games.”

Andy Brewster was probably one of the greatest guys you would ever want to meet......except if you are wearing a different uniform and lining up in front of him. Most people described him as an "intense" player.....I always saw him as an angry player.

I'll overlook a lack of size in any OL or DL signee if that signee is a future Andy Brewster. 

Most undersized OL and DL signees are not going to turn in to an Andy Brewster.  Just like most 5’ 10” quarterbacks aren’t going to turn into Mason Fine or Drew Brees.  Betting against the odds consistently is not a recipe for success unless you are a genius recruiting projector. 

• Thanks 4

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, agw0038 said:

yeah, it could also be Lebby from UCF. They just had a kid decommit after picking up an offer from Ole Miss.

This was reported yesterday, Lebby to Ole Miss.   Interestingly, Ole Miss has a great freshman QB this year. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Hope this young man signs with someone in the early signing period.

We should still keep ourselves as an option in the era of the "Transfer Portal"

Sadly, I think this young man will not stay in one place for long

Lots of “young man”ing there.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1