Renfro decommits

Cerebus

24 minutes ago, MeanGreen22 said:

Sounds like you’re the one that needs a safe space. Getting all triggered bc a high schooler doesn’t want to go to your school anymore. 

the simpsons adult GIF

• Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

17 minutes ago, meangreenbob said:

Now you’re waisting my time. Obviously you didn’t read my other post or you lack comprehension skills. 

I’ve read enough to understand that you’re probably a miserable person to be around. Enjoy your ivory tower this Thanksgiving. Hope it doesn’t do too much damage to your waste. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3

1 minute ago, Graddean said:

You do realize if he goes somewhere else and is not successful, it reflects on our coaches ability to evaluate talent.

No it reflects on his ability to adapt to the system he is put in. Players have to adjust, some do and some don't. Does not mean coaches did not evaluate could just be the kid could not adjust to the college game.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Whichever QBs don’t win the job between Aune, Bean, Martin, or Kuehne are probably not going to want to stick around as the backup for the next three years. I could see only one of those four still on campus come the 2021 season. So despite having all these young QBs on campus, we still need another young one with some distance between the starter, classification wise.

This might be a good time to remind people that Cade Fennegan is supposed to be on campus back from his mission for the 2020 season.

https://247sports.com/Player/Cade-Fennegan-46036946/

I think I’d still like to see us sign a QB this class. Whether it’s Renfro or someone else.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Moobs said:

The first of several. It’s only the beginning. Early signing day is December 19th. So we should know the majority of decommits in the next week or two.  I know there’s another signing day in February, but most of these kids like to sign ASAP. 

The first of several?  Really?  Based on what?

• Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1

5 hours ago, greenminer said:

I can’t help but notice these posts come out AFTER a recruit decommits.

Look at his stats. They were good but not jumping off the page. Good arm, quick release, talk, etc...  Those are the attributes that got him noticed. Either way, time to move on from Renfro. Let him go play with the Stephenville legend in Tallahassee and come in second in the ACC to Clemson for years to come. Guess we will see what we missed out on in four or five years. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

Just now, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

I mean maybe? Idk I just woke up when I saw that, so I was probably just seeing this to start my day lol

Just making sure you ain’t #olddenton.  

We need guys who can play at P5 schools to play here.   If they’re relegated to the bench at a P5, they’d probably be the same here, as we’ve seen with a ton of P5 transfers through the years.  We, as fans, need to ditch the mentality of “starter here, bench player there”.  That’s not going to take us where we want to go.

• Upvote 7
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, MeanGreenTexan said:

We need guys who can play at P5 schools to play here.   If they’re relegated to the bench at a P5, they’d probably be the same here, as we’ve seen with a ton of P5 transfers through the years.  We, as fans, need to ditch the mentality of “starter here, bench player there”.  That’s not going to take us where we want to go.

I agree. I would never switch back to #olddenton ever!😂

I think we will be fine, and as for P5 you never know what will happen. I just hope he does good wherever he goes. Sad to see him go, but this upcoming class is looking good anyway!

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Yep.  Case in point:

image.jpeg.cd7b50ef25bce875b67331d25b42c553.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1

5 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Look at his stats. They were good but not jumping off the page. Good arm, quick release, talk, etc...  Those are the attributes that got him noticed. Either way, time to move on from Renfro. Let him go play with the Stephenville legend in Tallahassee and come in second in the ACC to Clemson for years to come. Guess we will see what we missed out on in four or five years. 

Yes that is such a punishment. Much better to be 4-8 in CUSA! That is what the real winners do!!!! 1!!

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 2