Renfro decommits

Cerebus

1 hour ago, meangreenbob said:

You don’t make a commitment months in advance, only to withdraw it near the due date placing the other party in a potentially precarious position. If you aren’t 100% sure then you wait, you look for better offers first. It’s called integrity. With that being said and as others have already mentioned I think we are good at the QB position. Good luck to the kid. 

Now I agree

• Upvote 3

Just now, DentonLurker said:

Grown men who tweet recruits scare me. If you're not employed by UNT as a coach, you need to stay away.

Especially the ones that tweet right to the kid saying he’ll get buried on the depth chart and end up going JUCO

Edited by MeanGreen22
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

42 minutes ago, greenminer said:

I can’t help but notice these posts come out AFTER a recruit decommits.

Well, I was very underwhelmed by watching him play in person but I want to give Seth the benefit of the doubt and don’t want to talk smack about a future Mean Green player... But yes, now that he is decomitted, I have no problem sharing my negative evaluation of him.
If he had signed here I would have kept that thought to myself. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, untbowler said:

disagree with Vito, Renfro was not the most important recruit on the list, sorry not when we have plenty of QB's and it was not a foregone conclusion it would be his team in the fall.

Agree. The most important needs are O Line and D Line. We have a very good QB and are experiencing first hand the importance of the Lines!!!!

• Upvote 1

If we can keep these skill positions, get some grown men on the line, then we wouldn’t need a superstar at QB.

Just a guy that can go through his reads and get the ball to the right person at the right time.

I know linemen are hard to get, but dang it there’s no way around it: you win and lose games in the trenches.  Coaches need to stop trying to dodge that and figure something out.

I’m not asking us to beat out the SEC’s of the world for those 4 and 5 star guys.  I’m asking us to beat LaTech and USM.  They’re facing the same uphill battles we are and we’re investing much, much more.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, greenminer said:

If we can keep these skill positions, get some grown men on the line, then we wouldn’t need a superstar at QB.

Just a guy that can go through his reads and get the ball to the right person at the right time.

I know linemen are hard to get, but dang it there’s no way around it: you win and lose games in the trenches.  Coaches need to stop trying to dodge that and figure something out.

I’m not asking us to beat out the SEC’s of the world for those 4 and 5 star guys.  I’m asking us to beat LaTech and USM.  They’re facing the same uphill battles we are and we’re investing much, much more.

Animated GIF

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, DentonLurker said:

This line of thinking is tired. An 18 year old deciding to change his mind has nothing to do with integrity. Ever changed your mind in life? Perhaps change jobs?

Heck.  Maybe your right and at some point they changed what the words “commitment” and “committed” mean.  Just look at divorce rates.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 3

48 minutes ago, DentonLurker said:

This line of thinking is tired. An 18 year old deciding to change his mind has nothing to do with integrity. Ever changed your mind in life? Perhaps change jobs?

On one hand I understand, on the other hand I get sick of always hearing how kids at 18 (or younger) should be treated like adults and listened too, but as soon as they do something we hear "their only 18". 

• Upvote 7