Renfro decommits

Cerebus

I have a friend that has seen him play a number of times. Renfro was not going to come in and compete for the starting job this year. He got outplayed by a baseball commit last week. His rating is based solely off of potential due to his size. 

Those of you expecting more to leave haven’t been paying attention. This kid has been on the market since day one. Contrast that to Christian Lee that committed and has been a tru commit touting us to others. 

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Eye Roll 6
  • Downvote 1

27 minutes ago, meangreenbob said:

No! They need to learn to honor their commitments. It’s called INTEGRITY. If this kid wasn’t sure about UNT then he NEVER should have committed. Of course, can’t say that a certain head coach set a very good example.  

Honor and integrity have pretty much ruined the nfl futures of fine and bussey. If we can't put kids in a position to succeed they should challenge it. You never changed jobs for a better pay check?

Football careers are short. However they can achieve that dream, do it (except smu). I wish they would stay. But there's no judgement on my behalf

• Upvote 4
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 3

58 minutes ago, untbowler said:

Can't blame him after looking at our prior years OL play, who wants to be planted on their back constantly for 4 yrs. 

Exactly this, Tua, Trevor Lawrence, or Jalen Hurts couldn’t have done squat with the O-line play and play calling we had this year. Awful all over. Turned a Heisman hopeful into a shell of what he was a year or two ago

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 2

25 minutes ago, Udomann said:

Honor and integrity have pretty much ruined the nfl futures of fine and bussey. If we can't put kids in a position to succeed they should challenge it. You never changed jobs for a better pay check?

Football careers are short. However they can achieve that dream, do it (except smu). I wish they would stay. But there's no judgement on my behalf

You don’t make a commitment months in advance, only to withdraw it near the due date placing the other party in a potentially precarious position. If you aren’t 100% sure then you wait, you look for better offers first. It’s called integrity. With that being said and as others have already mentioned I think we are good at the QB position. Good luck to the kid. 

Edited by meangreenbob
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2

Just now, meangreenbob said:

You don’t make a commitment months in advance, only to withdraw it near the due date placing the other party in a potentially precarious position. If you aren’t 100% sure then you wait, you look for better offers first. It’s called integrity. With that being said and as others have already mentioned I think we are good at the QB position. Good luck to the kid. 

Bob is right he really disrespected us.  Now all the good ones are gone.

Edited by Jonnyeagle
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

Who didn't see this comming? I mean the kid has been going to every QB camp in the country at several schools. He has been testing the waters since he committed. All the UNT hype he was spouting was just to keep people off of his back until the right offer came around. I knew as soon as FSU offered that he was gone. He just waited for as long as he could to say it. Dec 19th is fast approaching so he announces the day before Thanksgiving hoping that people wouldn't notice because it would be overshadowed by the holiday. That's my opinion. I don't wish anything bad on him, but I knew he wasn't coming here a long time ago so I had already come to terms with it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, El Paso Eagle said:

With all due respect all of you jumping off the train  ... please stay off. I know people are not happy about this season, but it's almost like many of you are hoping everything falls apart.

see ya goodbye GIF

59 minutes ago, Udomann said:

Honor and integrity have pretty much ruined the nfl futures of fine and bussey. 

Really, how did we ruin Bussey’s future?  The NFL, if they want to take a shot with Fine, will judge him on his entire field of work, not one year. 

• Upvote 6
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3