UT - Arlington (12/2/19)

CMJ

My first time to the new arena and I must say that I was impressed with the UTA gameday.  They really make the experience interactive and lively.  I like how bright the arena is too.  The beer was cold and the game was fun.  I went to the stage and this was a whole different experience.

Great job Mean Green.  UTA thank you for the hospitality.

GMG

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

This was a good win. Hadn’t gotten a W in Arlington in quite a few years. As @BillySee58 said, hopefully the tough OOC play to start the season is prepping us better for peer/conference play. I’ll take a lesser overall record but a team peaking at CUSA Tourney time all day every day. 

Looking forward to OU on Thursday. Should be a great atmosphere at the Pit.

Edited by Green Lantern
  • Upvote 2

11 hours ago, UTAmaverick said:

Congrats to the Mean Green. Tough game to watch as a UTA fan. Maybe one of worst games we've played at home in a long time on a night where UNT could do no wrong. We had no answer for your height and skill in the paint (Goodman and Deu especially). UNT had no problem getting the ball into paint for easy layups. And whatever shots UTA or UNT missed, UNT was getting easy rebounds. We are not a tall team at all and having our 6'8" center Jabari Narcis pick up 2 quick fouls early really hurt our ability to score and defend the paint. A lot of fouls being called on both teams all night. Good luck the rest of the way, best wishes for a successful season

I was very impressed by the arena. Very nice and clean. I’m glad I went, but parking is bad😂

43 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

I was at the game, and a pretty solid turnout by the Green people wise. Crowd on the other hand was horrid.

Im glad to see DJ not pump so much, and actually take the shot!

The Pit better be packed Thursday 

District moved middle games around so coaches and others could attend. Hopefully we get at-least 6k if not 8k

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Andrew said:

District moved middle games around so coaches and others could attend. Hopefully we get at-least 6k if not 8k

Yeah I noticed that. I would like to say 8k, but student are doing exams or studying at least. I just want a win 

• Upvote 1