Next DC?

p_phelps

5 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

I’d take Art, Mangino, Petrino, Freeze or any other dirtbag that can call plays that are worth a shit. No way Seth would let them f around and tarnish his image.

Petrino would be good here IMO

I just want anyone that can teach players how to tackle!

• Upvote 1

This is dated (2011) but from a post KU era Mangino interview.  Lots has changed since and comfort in working with and understudy may help.  But I’m not sure kids these days can be coached by an old school guy like him anymore.  He’s for sure a screamer and a disciplinarian (don’t get me wrong I’d prefer that).  Not sure how he’d gel with the kids, and our brand of kids seem to be especially sensitive mentally (see Seth’s post game last week).  If that is somehow a non issue I’d love to see that work.  Others have said GP understudies which would be great.  Todd Orlando is a good coach in spite of a bad yr in Austin though I wouldn’t expect us to be in the running there.  If that somehow happened I think that’d be great for our 2020 class.  Big moment for ol Seth to figure this one out. 

769BDF77-1F3A-48D6-9182-F45615F7BEA9.jpeg

7 hours ago, Green Lantern said:

Yep. Same with Mangino. I’d take em both. Proven program builders.

As long as he can still coach, I'd take Leavitt in a heartbeat. He can coach and yes, shown he can build a program.  If/when Seth leaves, he could potentially slide right into the HC spot with little adjustments. 

• Upvote 1