Next DC?

p_phelps

i would assume there's got to be some move....This isnt the Todd Dodge days where he's getting paid $150,000.  Seth is paid pretty well and with that comes expectations.   He'll get pressure AD, who gets pressure from the University, who gets pressure from boosters.  For better - or - worse, alot of things have to change...Personnel is the easiest/first/smart one to do.   

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, trud1966 said:

i would assume there's got to be some move....This isnt the Todd Dodge days where he's getting paid $150,000.  Seth is paid pretty well and with that comes expectations.   He'll get pressure AD, who gets pressure from the University, who gets pressure from boosters.  For better - or - worse, alot of things have to change...Personnel is the easiest/first/smart one to do.   

you assume there is pressure coming down, obviously there should be, but is there any real pressure?

Just now, untbowler said:

you assume there is pressure coming down, obviously there should be, but is there any real pressure?

You think GBR likes putting $Millions into this & put his name all over things, and not have a successful program?

And remember, just like Littrell is young with an upward trajectory, Baker is in the same boat.  Success on the field is important to his ambitions as well.

• Confused 1

https://meangreensports.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/clay-jennings/338

Jennings has spent his whole career coaching DB's. When he was at Sam Houston St. he was also the recruiting coordinator. All coaches are responsible for recruiting. But since he arrived at North Texas in February of this year, he hasn't recruited for NT. Does anyone know how well he recruited at some of his other stops? 

Just now, Green Lantern said:

Yep. Same with Mangino. I’d take em both. Proven program builders.

Same reason Id love to get Baby Briles at OC.

Is he a douche? No doubt. 

Can anyone stop his offense when he's got the players? Not even close. 

I think we're getting to the point that if we want to take those "next steps" we need to get a guy who might be a little dirty but is still far and away better than the other options.

I'm not saying we should sell our souls to win football games, but all the best programs have some coaches that are badasses on the field and maybe not so great off the field

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

Just now, MGNation92 said:

I think we're getting to the point that if we want to take those "next steps" we need to get a guy who might be a little dirty but is still far and away better than the other options.

I'm not saying we should sell our souls to win football games, but all the best programs have some coaches that are badasses on the field and maybe not so great off the field

With you 100%.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

⬆️⬆️⬆️👍👍👍

52 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

https://meangreensports.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/clay-jennings/338

Jennings has spent his whole career coaching DB's. When he was at Sam Houston St. he was also the recruiting coordinator. All coaches are responsible for recruiting. But since he arrived at North Texas in February of this year, he hasn't recruited for NT. Does anyone know how well he recruited at some of his other stops? 

sounds like Jennings needs to be gone also, DB play was some of the worst play alongside the OLine

• Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

There is a little dirt all over college football, but if you’re okay with Briles , then you and I have different boundaries for cleanliness.  My position on Briles: we are never that desperate.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

17 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

I’d take Art, Mangino, Petrino, Freeze or any other dirtbag that can call plays that are worth a shit. No way Seth would let them f around and tarnish his image.

Refresh me on Mangino...  wasn’t he just a harda** coach who got accused of mistreating a player?    Kinda like Leach?

Can you imagine the backlash the University of  North Texas (not just football or athletics) would get from every direction if we announced we’re hiring Art Briles?   Simply not worth it.    Kendall showed he could come in & fall in line at Houston.  I bet he could do it here.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Refresh me on Mangino...  wasn’t he just a harda** coach who got accused of mistreating a player?    Kinda like Leach?

I think that is correct but I can’t remember, I just know they ran him out of Lawrence and then Ames.

Can you imagine the backlash the University of  North Texas (not just football or athletics) would get from every direction if we announced we’re hiring Art Briles?   Simply not worth it.    Kendall showed he could come in & fall in line at Houston.  I bet he could do it here.

Well somebody is going to be first on Art and will get a steal because he is damaged goods. Once someone has taken the risk, he will be p5 again within 5 years. It looks like Lamar may be the team that takes that risk. 

One thing I never understood about the whole situation is that Kendall was doing more dirty shit than Art and everybody gives him a pass. Art was more ignorant that  deviant in the whole deal. Pretty much the entire dirtbag staff has been hired away by other schools and nobody says squat because they want you to believe that Art Briles ordered his staff to ignore and/or coverup rape allegations when in reality it was people like Casey Horny (who works for the Texas Longhorns now) and Kendall Briles were doing that crap. Much like Joe Paterno, he is an old man too trusting of his staff.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Downvote 1