Rico Bussey

14 hours ago, MeanGreenDan said:

The dude hung out in the stands instead of the sideline during the games...as far as I can tell, he left the team once he got hurt, therefore no senior day 🤷‍♂️

Pretty disappointing way to handle things. 

• Upvote 6

7 hours ago, Jessica M Hall said:

Just because you're injured doesn't mean you get a free pass to not show up.  Seems crazy to me, especially with the culture of 'teamwork' that this coaching staff touts - And sends a terrible message to the younger guys about leadership.

This is VERY concerning.  With Fine graduating what kind of player leadership do we have left on this team?  This could be the beginning on the end of Seth successful tenure here.

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 4
  • Downvote 4

One thing Littrell seems successful at is promoting the family culture, the team against the world...seems to me another leader or leaders will rise to the occasion. Who’s to say Bussey didn’t excuse himself to allow another player to fill in where needed?  Glass is half full y’all, not half empty...

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 2

50 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

Bussey is very good receiver and sure he will have NFL watching him.  I think he has better hands than Guyton and could catch the ball in coverage.  I wish he would come back, with Shorter on the other side.   it  would be difficult for teams to double team them both.

And Darden

30 minutes ago, greensleeves said:

Bussey needs to have that surgery though and soon. It's a 9 month rehab. My son tore his ACL in March and he has just now been cleared by the surgeon to return. It's a long recovery. Surgery plays a part but you have to hit the rehab hard.

And I want Bussey back. 

I loved watching him play. 

I wonder why he has not already had the surgery?

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, greensleeves said:

Bussey needs to have that surgery though and soon. It's a 9 month rehab. My son tore his ACL in March and he has just now been cleared by the surgeon to return. It's a long recovery. Surgery plays a part but you have to hit the rehab hard.

And I want Bussey back. 

I loved watching him play. 

I've had 3 ACL surgeries. 9 months is the time of the physical rehab. That's not counting the subsequent months of getting back into game shape or even getting back into the mental aspect of playing which could take over a year if not more. I am honestly shocked he did not have the surgery immediately after it happened if he had aspirations of coming back to the team next year or even trying to make it to the NFL. That tells me a lot. 

• Upvote 2

There are many cases where surgery is not needed for a partial tear.  It all has to do with knee stability.  I am 100% sure he has been working with an orthopedic doctor who is giving him advice based on his injury.

I had a partial tear of my ACL with no stability issues.  Recovered in 4 months then had another 3 months of heavy PT.  Played 2 more years on the offensive line without braces, jumped out of airplanes for 4 years, and then played 3 years of Rugby at UNT with no issues.

At 49 it does sound like popcorn when I walk...

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 2

On 12/5/2019 at 4:00 PM, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

I've had 3 ACL surgeries. 9 months is the time of the physical rehab. That's not counting the subsequent months of getting back into game shape or even getting back into the mental aspect of playing which could take over a year if not more. I am honestly shocked he did not have the surgery immediately after it happened if he had aspirations of coming back to the team next year or even trying to make it to the NFL. That tells me a lot. 

I’ve had 1 and the rehab was brutal, definitely closer to 9 months, but I feel like I was moving slower than normal as far as rehab was concerned. Mine was a full tear. One of my brothers had a fine recovery and my other had a slower recovery like mine, but still at least 7.5-9 months after all is said and done. I agree and am shocked he did not have surgery immediately. I would’ve wanted to knock that crap out and would rather be on crutches the last 2 months of my season than just delay it even longer.

On 12/5/2019 at 5:40 PM, DeepGreen said:

Rico giving up football?

My initial thoughts, but I honestly have no idea either ...

On 12/5/2019 at 5:47 PM, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

He's telling himself and others that he didn't tear it. He is convinced lol

Didn’t you also say you know someone who knows who’s doctor and he definitely tore it? Maybe it was someone else who said this ...

On 12/5/2019 at 5:55 PM, ipd054 said:

There are many cases where surgery is not needed for a partial tear.  It all has to do with knee stability.  I am 100% sure he has been working with an orthopedic doctor who is giving him advice based on his injury.

I had a partial tear of my ACL with no stability issues.  Recovered in 4 months then had another 3 months of heavy PT.  Played 2 more years on the offensive line without braces, jumped out of airplanes for 4 years, and then played 3 years of Rugby at UNT with no issues.

At 49 it does sound like popcorn when I walk...

I read your post and my takeaway is ... still 4 months + 3 months = 7 months. 7 months post-December is July. Football starts well before then. Mine felt fine after my rehab as well and I’d like to think he’s getting advice from his doctor but just think his appearance at games (i.e. being in the stands during games) was initially shocking to me and made me question his recovery. Again, just a fan and spectator’s perspective over here.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jessica M Hall said:

I’ve had 1 and the rehab was brutal, definitely closer to 9 months, but I feel like I was moving slower than normal as far as rehab was concerned. Mine was a full tear. One of my brothers had a fine recovery and my other had a slower recovery like mine, but still at least 7.5-9 months after all is said and done. I agree and am shocked he did not have surgery immediately. I would’ve wanted to knock that crap out and would rather be on crutches the last 2 months of my season than just delay it even longer.

My initial thoughts, but I honestly have no idea either ...

Didn’t you also say you know someone who knows who’s doctor and he definitely tore it? Maybe it was someone else who said this ...

I read your post and my takeaway is ... still 4 months + 3 months = 7 months. 7 months post-December is July. Football starts well before then. Mine felt fine after my rehab as well and I’d like to think he’s getting advice from his doctor but just think his appearance at games (i.e. being in the stands during games) was initially shocking to me and made me question his recovery. Again, just a fan and spectator’s perspective over here.

I have a friend who also tore his ACL right after Rico, and he went to the same doctor as Rico. He told me that it was torn, but Rico refuses to believe it

• Upvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 2
  • Downvote 1

Just now, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

I have a friend who also tore his ACL right after Rico, and he went to the same doctor as Rico. He told me that it was torn, but Rico refuses to believe it

There is no f'ing way that surgeon would tell your friend about the status of his other patient. Speaking as a person married to a surgeon. Zero. 

• Upvote 6
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

There is no f'ing way that surgeon would tell your friend about the status of his other patient. Speaking as a person married to a surgeon. Zero. 

He is a very good friend with my friend. Maybe I heard it wrong, or he lied. All I know is that Rico doesn't believe that he tore it, and still hasn't done anything status wise

• Thanks 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1