Rico Bussey

1 hour ago, TryHarder said:

He’s not NFL talent.  Neither was Guyton.  

Disagree.

Bussey definitely is (unless he loses some explosiveness with his injury).

Guyton was until that headhunter took his block off during the 17 Army game.  IMO, he wasn’t the same after that.   Still a great player, but not NFL-caliber, (and I don’t think another year at NT was going to fix that as many here do).

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Disagree.

Bussey definitely is (unless he loses some explosiveness with his injury).

Guyton was until that headhunter took his block off during the 17 Army game.  IMO, he wasn’t the same after that.   Still a great player, but not NFL-caliber, (and I don’t think another year at NT was going to fix that as many here do).

Bussey was overall better than Guyton (minus the USM game in 17 and 18)

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

anyone know what Guyton is doing now?  Bussy won't be back, if he cared about the team he would have been on the field with them during the games.  Walking around the stadium during games tells me he has checked out.  

Even if he is leaving, not being on the sideline seems bizarre. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Monkeypox said:

It depends on what Guyton's expectations were, IMO. I mean, he's currently making $8k a week in the NFL. Without knowing what his goals and motivations are, it's hard for me to say he would have ended up any different or better with another season here. 

I didn't realize he made it to the Chargers.  Great for him and I hope he manages to break into the active roster.  As others have pointed out, it's hard to say if he stayed for his senior season if his draft stock would have gone up or down. With our current record? He was smart for jumping ship.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

11 hours ago, TryHarder said:

Bussey has always been much better than Guyton.

Whether he is NFL good is another question.

I am not sure how he can demonstrate he is healthy to potential suitors.   

He should know what potential, NT's returning QBs have.   That may form his decision to stay or go. 

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, TryHarder said:

You're smoking crack if you don't think a healthy bussey isn't talented enough for the NFL. Have you ever seen hunter renfro!? The dude is in the NFL and has a 1/3 of the talent bussey has.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, edcollopy said:

He’s a better route runner and thicker than Guyton...and I’d bet on his hands over Guyton. I’d be stoked if both guys are on rosters. The more players we have on the walls in nfl uniforms the better it looks to recruits. 

I would say Guyton is a waaaaay better route runner than Rico. Rico (mainly last year) is that go up and get it WR. Both have great hands though.

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 1

On 11/26/2019 at 11:32 PM, peanuts104 said:

He's good.  Guyton made the mistake of trying to jump to the pros too early.  Rico has worked hard while he's been here.  I really hope he stays, but if he finds a better opportunity, I won't blame him. I just hope it's a real opportunity versus what Guyton went for. The QB situation next year is extremely fluid and I wouldn't blame a star receiver for being concerned about it.  That being said, Aune, Bean, and Martin need to be in his ear to tell him there will be balls thrown his way early and often.

At the end of the day, I want him to be a figurehead of this team next year, but I would understand if he leaves. Especially if Seth moves to a P5 gig.

Guyton is now on the Chargers active roster. 

• Upvote 1

We need to stop this thread he is not coming back. What guy would want to come back with an unproven QB. Even with the injury his stock is good. It would be snowing in hell with this O-Line that he would even up his stock. We have a ton of other problems to deal with than a wide receiver, we are good there. We need size in the trenches. I know black is slimming but dang we are small.  

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

Not that it means anything, but no senior recognitions for Bussey during the pregame.  

The dude hung out in the stands instead of the sideline during the games...as far as I can tell, he left the team once he got hurt, therefore no senior day 🤷‍♂️

Edited by MeanGreenDan
  • Upvote 3
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Sig381 said:

We need to stop this thread he is not coming back. What guy would want to come back with an unproven QB. Even with the injury his stock is good. It would be snowing in hell with this O-Line that he would even up his stock. We have a ton of other problems to deal with than a wide receiver, we are good there. We need size in the trenches. I know black is slimming but dang we are small.  

I'm pretty sure it depends on the type of scheme you are running. This will vary the size of the O--lineman many times. If you are running a passing offense with zone schemes many times the OL are in the 270 to 300 range.If you are in a more run based offense, you get more bulldozers and OL with size. The passing schemes rely on quickness which results in a bit smaller quicker lineman. Please chime in if I am way off on this, I could be. I do know we definitely need to get better on both sides on the line, though. That we agree on.

GMG

Edited by Mean Green D2
  • Upvote 1