AFTER 4 SEASONS

wardly

6 hours ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

Why would you think that?  So they're a worse team than Rice?  Worse than Charlotte?  Those were "freebie" games according to the sunshine pumpers on this board.

I want some of what you're smoking.

Well these players (mainly seniors) have nothing to lose. They will pour every ounce of energy into the UAB game. UAB might have 30 year olds, but we have Mason

• Upvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 2

16 hours ago, TheColonyEagle said:

I could see us beating them. It just looks like one of those games. 

Prediction: if we DO beat them. It will be because we threw caution to the wind. I predict Mason Fine is gonna throw until his arm falls off. After we’ll say “why didn’t they play with this mentality all year?!”

UAB has to be concerned about this game. They’re playing a team with nothing to lose. 

Or.....we’ll get down early and quit. 

all options are in the table. 

UAB is in 1st place in West, so they have a lot to play for. UNT, not so much.

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, wardly said:

UAB is in 1st place in West, so they have a lot to play for. UNT, not so much.

OR, we could play the "cockroach" role like TCU did against Texas in 1961.  Which inspired this famous DR quote....

(TCU) is like a bunch of cockroaches. It’s not what they eat and tote off, it’s what they fall into and mess up that hurts.”

I can live with being a cockroach for a day.

21 hours ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

Why would you think that?  So they're a worse team than Rice?  Worse than Charlotte?  Those were "freebie" games according to the sunshine pumpers on this board.

I want some of what you're smoking.

What is a sunshine pumper?  Opposite of something negative?  I love how those that disagree quickly assign a nickname to help justify their crappy outlook.

Why would I think that?  Because I think UAB has played a cupcake schedule, is overrated due to a very good head coach and they are travelling to Apogee.  I haven't been impressed with them at all this year and have clearly stated this since the pre-season.

I never claimed Charlotte and Rice were "freebie games," as you state, but they were definitely games we should have won if we would have played to our capabilities.  Sorry, if my optimistic outlook doesn't jive with your negative outlook.  It doesn't mean I accept this season, but I also look at it from a realistic standpoint.  @TheReal_jayD expressed this in another thread very clearly.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

9 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

What is a sunshine pumper?  Opposite of something negative?  I love how those that disagree quickly assign a nickname to help justify their crappy outlook.

Why would I think that?  Because I think UAB has played a cupcake schedule, is overrated due to a very good head coach and they are travelling to Apogee.  I haven't been impressed with them at all this year and have clearly stated this since the pre-season.

I never claimed Charlotte and Rice were "freebie games," as you state, but they were definitely games we should have won if we would have played to our capabilities.  Sorry, if my optimistic outlook doesn't jive with your negative outlook.  It doesn't mean I accept this season, but I also look at it from a realistic standpoint.  @TheReal_jayD expressed this in another thread very clearly.

For me, this is a reason why UAB could never be over-rated.

• Thanks 1

On 11/24/2019 at 4:35 PM, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

At the time, the Arkansas win was a good win but the week before they lost to CSU who went 3-9. When you really look at it, Arkansas is like beating Rice

But, we didn't beat Rice.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 2
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

Well, UAB did beat Rice and La. Tech. , so there's that.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/24/2019 at 10:28 PM, wardly said:

As previously posted by others, we rank very low in national rankings..

Your original post did not say anything about our national ranking, and I am not in the know about where we are in that regard.  I think most people know and agree we've had a pretty sizeable uptick in recruiting the last two classes.  Lots of great kids coming in at the skill positions.  Our rankings amongst our CUSA peers has flipped from bottom to top.

Now, if you had expressed concern about linemen, I would agree...

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, greenminer said:

Your original post did not say anything about our national ranking, and I am not in the know about where we are in that regard.  I think most people know and agree we've had a pretty sizeable uptick in recruiting the last two classes.  Lots of great kids coming in at the skill positions.  Our rankings amongst our CUSA peers has flipped from bottom to top.

Now, if you had expressed concern about linemen, I would agree...

I am concerned about linemen on both sides of the ball.

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1