AFTER 4 SEASONS

wardly

1 hour ago, wardly said:

After our next loss to UAB, we will be 27 &24 in Littrell's four season's. During his tenure we  have won the WEST DIVISION once, no bowl games, an a single signature win against Arkansas, which looked good at the time.We have made Littrell the highest  paid coach in CUSA, and in the middle the most disastrous season I have witnessed since my freshman year of 1961, extended his contract.We continue to be ranked low in recruiting and if not should be based upon this years performance. My question is, after four seasons are we better off on a GO FORWARD BASIS? Just asking, so please don't get your panties in a wad.

At the time, the Arkansas win was a good win but the week before they lost to CSU who went 3-9. When you really look at it, Arkansas is like beating Rice

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 2

3 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

I need a little clarification on how you define disastrous. Thank you.

Not to answer for him, but let's talk about UNT expectations. When in UNTs football history were expectations this high? Maybe 2 or 3 other times, if that? Now, look at the 4-8 results and the big game embarrassments to boot. 

Edited by NorthTexasWeLove
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Eye Roll 1

2 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Not to answer for him, but let's talk about UNT expectations. When in UNTs football history were expectations this high? Maybe 2 or 3 other times, if that? Now, look at the 4-8 results and the big game embarrassments to boot. 

We haven't lived up to our pre season polls in the 2010 decade. 2014, 2018, 2019

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

I understand but personally I had the 2014 expectations above the 2019 expectations by a good margin.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Pavlovs Eagle said:

Sadly, I don't think Seth has his back against the wall with anyone but the members of this fan forum. 

Yes my phrasing could’ve been better but he knows what he’s staring down.  Losing Mason and coming off a disappointing season mean a lot to a guy who turned down a big 12 job a year ago.  Hope he gets it figured out. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, tmjerm said:

to a guy who turned down a big 12 job a year ago

Maybe K State was the smartest guy in the room after all...

Seth wanted to bring his "whole" coaching staff, which would include Ref and other less than popular characters, and they said no.  

Media and the Seth pumpers played it off as Seth didn't want Snyder's son involved.  Maybe reality looks a little different without the green colored glasses on.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1

Just now, Pavlovs Eagle said:

Maybe K State was the smartest guy in the room after all...

Seth wanted to bring his "whole" coaching staff, which would include Ref and other less than popular characters, and they said no.  

Media and the Seth pumpers played it off as Seth didn't want Snyder's son involved.  Maybe reality looks a little different without the green colored glasses on.

Maybe, maybe not.  I am more concerned with the  2020 Mean Green Screamin’ Eagles than what’s going on up in Manhattan.  Just saying he knows his stock is way down since then and that’s why I said his back is against the wall.  

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, tmjerm said:

Maybe, maybe not.  I am more concerned with the  2020 Mean Green Screamin’ Eagles than what’s going on up in Manhattan.  Just saying he knows his stock is way down since then and that’s why I said his back is against the wall.  

His back is against the wall if he wants a P5 head coaching gig down the road. But he’s got a smooth $1.8 million guaranteed coming his way for 4 more years, IIRC. I guess we will see what SL is really motivated to do in the coming years.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Mean Green Matt said:

He’s 40 years old. I hope he starts winning conference titles and never leaves North Texas. But I don’t think mindlessly collecting a paycheck before getting fired and going back to an OC gig is on his list of life goals. 

Exactly.   It would be best for both parties (North Texas & Seth Littrell) if both succeed.   Seth will now have an extra 2 weeks to fully dedicate himself to recruiting, coaching changes & self-reflection since he won't be coaching his team in preparation for a bowl game.

I anticipate some difficult decisions will need to be made for him regarding coaches.

Fingers crossed: I think NT's OC for the 2020 season is about to be fired from FLSt.

• Upvote 3

Just now, MeanGreenTexan said:

Exactly.   It would be best for both parties (North Texas & Seth Littrell) if both succeed.   Seth will now have an extra 2 weeks to fully dedicate himself to recruiting, coaching changes & self-reflection since he won't be coaching his team in preparation for a bowl game.

I anticipate some difficult decisions will need to be made for him regarding coaches.

Fingers crossed: I think NT's OC for the 2020 season is about to be fired from FLSt.

Oh...He had done this in the past? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, wardly said:

As previously posted by others, we rank very low in national rankings. However, Billy See certainly has a better handle on it that I do. I just don't see any depth in our defense which relates to our recruiting. We need bigger, stronger players.

Seth is going to have to swallow his pride and realize that these assistants he has can’t recruit or coach.  He needs to clean house and start fresh but with signing day in a couple weeks it probably is better for him to do it after signing day.

35 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Right there with you on the FSU employee. That would be a huge win for North Texas. 

Now, if only UTSA would go ahead and pull the trigger on our potential future DC as well.

Edited by ADLER

11 hours ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

Sadly, I don't think Seth has his back against the wall with anyone but the members of this fan forum. 

I tend to agree with this...

I think most outsiders would be SHOCKED that Littrell is getting criticism...

Because UNT has been bad for so long and doesn't deserve Seth Littrell...he beat Arkansas and won 9 games...that rarely if ever happens at UNT...

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, wardly said:

My question is, after four seasons are we better off on a GO FORWARD BASIS? Just asking, so please don't get your panties in a wad.

Yes, of course it's better off. For what we are paying the man we should be. But he is also under performing for what we are paying.

I don't expect him to walk on water, but for 2Mil a year he better at least be practicing it.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, TheColonyEagle said:

I tend to agree with this...

I think most outsiders would be SHOCKED that Littrell is getting criticism...

Because UNT has been bad for so long and doesn't deserve Seth Littrell...he beat Arkansas and won 9 games...that rarely if ever happens at UNT...

Which is a correct statement.

We had a bad season, and an even tougher schedule next year.

I believe Seth is an outstanding coach for North Texas, he just has some hard work, and difficult decisions to make.