Dan Wolken tweet on NT

Coach Andy Mac

5 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Maybe 2nd, but UH has been a bigger flop  In my opinion  

While we've been disappointed with the season, UH preseason expectations were all over the place.

There were some "best case" scenarios of 9 wins, but Vegas had UH at 7 and ESPN had 6.  I dont think anyone had UH winning the conference.

Throw in UH is close to tying their record for playing the most ranked opponents in a season.

So 2-3 less wins than most predictions. Bad but not most disastrous season of all teams

• Upvote 4

Just now, NTXCoog said:

While we've been disappointed with the season, UH preseason expectations were all over the place.

There were some "best case" scenarios of 9 wins, but Vegas had UH at 7 and ESPN had 6.  I dont think anyone had UH winning the conference.

Throw in UH is close to tying their record for playing the most ranked opponents in a season.

So 2-3 less wins than most predictions. Bad but not most disastrous season of all teams

That is true. I guess the hype was around King, and we all know what happened

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

That is true. I guess the hype was around King, and we all know what happened

His individual results vs expectations may have been the worst.

He was one of the most accurate QBs in football last year and he couldn't hit a wide open short route this year. Don't know what happened

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, NTXCoog said:

His individual results vs expectations may have been the worst.

He was one of the most accurate QBs in football last year and he couldn't hit a wide open short route this year. Don't know what happened

Yeah I noticed that, mainly in the Tulane game. I bet it was because of the amount of coaches hes had in his year there. 

He is such a good QB, I would hate to see his draft stock fall under Holgorsen.

• Upvote 3

23 hours ago, Coach Andy Mac said:

But hey, at least it isn't Portland State. Right, guys? This is a new low for this program almost to the same degree of Portland State. There is no excuse getting curb stomped by the worst team in the conference. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, RBP79 said:

When UH came to Apogee and curb stomped us with all the adversity they were experiencing I knew something wasn't right with UNT football.

Yeah and it wasn't just the players and coaches, it was the fans as well. When you have a packed house, and get blasted that blew many fans away. We saw it during the MTSU game

35 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

But hey, at least it isn't Portland State. Right, guys? This is a new low for this program almost to the same degree of Portland State. There is no excuse getting curb stomped by the worst team in the conference. 

I think some are reaching as hard as they can to paint this year as shitty as possible. 

no, this is not Portland State low. Not even close.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 3

36 minutes ago, greenminer said:

I think some are reaching as hard as they can to paint this year as shitty as possible. 

no, this is not Portland State low. Not even close.

Nor is is worse than anything the Dodge era rolled out there. How soon people forget the Mendoza defenses.

This year has been an unmitigated disaster but doesn’t come close to scraping the bottom. It is sad, however, that this is the worst team that SL has rolled out there since he got here. Could not have believed this was possible prior to the season knowing we had a Senior Mason Fine leading us.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Green Lantern said:

Nor is is worse than anything the Dodge era rolled out there. How soon people forget the Mendoza defenses.

This year has been an unmitigated disaster but doesn’t come close to scraping the bottom. It is sad, however, that this is the worst team that SL has rolled out there since he got here. Could not have believed this was possible prior to the season knowing we had a Senior Mason Fine leading us.

I still believe, or want to believe, that if Dodge had hired an actual College level Defensive Coordinator with him things would have been so different. The buzz and momentum we were receiving on a National Level was insane. I know at the time the AD was probably willing to do anything to get Dodge here, but if he would have pushed for a DC with college experience .....

• Haha 1

Wow...how times have changed. At least SL can be thankful that he's not getting the "Coach Dicky" treatment when he, his coaching staff, and players preform so far below UNT fan base expectations!!!

SL should be thankful to "God" this Thanksgiving season for that!!! Hopefully UNT will have a new offensive and defensive coordinators next year.

UNT football program always has issues when other P5 programs come along and hire away our above average assistance coaches. I know many on the board didn't appreciate GH, but in my opinion the exit of GH really hurt UNT on offense "Big League". I always thought our DC was over rated.

Only time will tell how long it will take UNT football to rebound and become relevant again. It took a long time after coach Dicky was fired. ticktock !!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Ray 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 1