You Know What Fans Would Like To See Next Saturday?

FirefightnRick

I am going because this is the team I chose to invest all of my emotional sports energy. Wins, losses, good games, bad games....they all have a profound impact on how much I enjoy the week following. Sunday church and my family take my attention away from this team for a while, but I always come back, mood on board.

I am interested to see how Fine finishes, but I feel that way about the entire team. No matter the contribution, each Senior sweated, grinded, lifted, did double work as a student athlete and donned the helmet. I want the collective effort of this team to celebrate those that are on their way out with whatever it takes to beat UAB. UAB is not a juggernaut. We should prepare, focus, expect and effort to win. 

I get about six opportunities per year to tailgate with my buddies. I will be there for that. I will take home 3 bags of Poppy’s, hoping it will get me through until September (they will be gone in about a week, because my family shares my Poppy’s joy).

But I don’t miss NT football home games. Period.

(on the other hand, my last six away games have been ODU, Utah State, $MU, Cal, Charlotte and Rice...so maybe the team doesn’t need me on the road).

GMG

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Ray 1

Just now, untcampbell said:

I am going because this is the team I chose to invest all of my emotional sports energy. Wins, losses, good games, bad games....they all have a profound impact on how much I enjoy the week following. Sunday church and my family take my attention away from this team for a while, but I always come back, mood on board.

I am interested to see how Fine finishes, but I feel that way about the entire team. No matter the contribution, each Senior sweated, grinded, lifted, did double work as a student athlete and donned the helmet. I want the collective effort of this team to celebrate those that are on their way out with whatever it takes to beat UAB. UAB is not a juggernaut. We should prepare, focus, expect and effort to win. 

I get about six opportunities per year to tailgate with my buddies. I will be there for that. I will take home 3 bags of Poppy’s, hoping it will get me through until September (they will be gone in about a week, because my family shares my Poppy’s joy).

(on the other hand, my last six away games have been ODU, Utah State, $MU, Cal, Charlotte and Rice...so maybe the team doesn’t need me on the road).

GMG

ATTA BOY!  Totally get where folks are coming from using their attendance/money as leverage to communicate their dissatisfaction with the state of the program, but I’m with you.  As much as it hurts, I feel it to be my portion. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, untcampbell said:

GMG

This.

I will never miss NT home games. I will be there hoping to see Mason take away UAB's Championship hopes

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1

10 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

... on Senior Day?

I guess I wouldn’t mind as much if we sat the grad transfer mercenaries we brought in, but guys like Fine, Law, Hamilton, Mohammad, Woolworth, etc...  who are the backbone of the past 4 years?   No way.

How bout the underclassmen bust their a**es to at least send these guys off with a win.  It’s the least they could do.

Play the guys that actually care regardless of classification.

• Upvote 3