Seth post 2019 Rice game presser

Harry

Just now, meangreenbob said:

What’s so disconcerting is trying to figure out if Littrell is actually Head Coaching material or would he be better off in a lesser position like OC. It’s like, how long before we know? How many more years?  That’s what I find frustrating. 

We'll know shortly, just wait till the 202X season!

Edited by Pavlovs Eagle
  • Upvote 5

I have heard the same loss speech 7 times this year, and this one was the worst. Charlotte is 2nd.

I get it, you have to watch what you say with media and other stuff like that, but c'mon man. We know that the energy wasn't there. I could tell. Only the same 5 or so people (and Mason) were trying to wake up the bench. 

Disappointing! 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

I have heard the same loss speech 7 times this year, and this one was the worst. Charlotte is 2nd.

I get it, you have to watch what you say with media and other stuff like that, but c'mon man. We know that the energy wasn't there. I could tell. Only the same 5 or so people (and Mason) were trying to wake up the bench. 

Disappointing! 

“At the end of the day...you gotta flush those turds”

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 2

I noticed over the past few weeks, Littrell wouldn't mention that he thought the team's effort/fight was still there like he did earlier in the year after losses:

Post SMU:

Post Cal:

And then the a** whoopin against Houston... Post Houston, no mention of him being proud of "effort" or "fight":

After the loss to Southern Miss the following week, he begins pleading for execution from the players (in the below clip, when asked about the offensive lack of production, he probably says the word "execution" 4-5 times in 1 minute)... but he shields them (as a good coach should) with his excuses of, "...it's my job to put them in position to succeed...".   More of the same after the wheels completely blew off VS Charlotte.

Then after a 'bounce-back' week against UTEP, we get smashed by LATech.  A week-and-a-half worth of practices later (bye week), we start hearing "Mentality" issues during his presser last week, which is the codeword for lack of effort/fight.  

This next week is absolutely gut-check time for the players.   The coaches are taking a TON of heat, as they should... but we can't forget the players are out there playing the game.    How bad do they want to win?  Are they "mentally tough" enough, as Littrell says, to overcome a UAB team coming into our house with aspirations of going back to the CCG?   Or are they gonna fold and let the coaches keep taking the heat?

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

I would like the time to break down his pressers as you sort of have. I bet there is a lot of hidden insight as you suggest. 

The issue with the defense is that he's relying on lowly recruited kids to be difference makers. And eventually, at what point, are they just what they are; not very good. 

On offense, it's been an abomination of miscommunication, bad play calling, change of schematics and lingo, and a visual decline in quarterback play. 

• Upvote 2