Seth should purge the entire staff

p_phelps

Just now, ADLER said:

Just out of curiosity, what is your obsession with the payroll? It's like the 800th time you've mentioned it.

I expect every coach to perform to the best of their abilities regardless of pay. Should La Tech expect less because they pay their coach less?

Pay and expectations go hand in hand. Not sure what your angle is. 

Ever heard of the old cliche, you get what you pay for....except at UNT. 

• Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

Just now, ADLER said:

Just out of curiosity, what is your obsession with the payroll? It's like the 800th time you've mentioned it.

I expect every coach to perform to the best of their abilities regardless of pay. Should La Tech expect less because they pay their coach less?

I just have a problem with how he and his agent did it. And the subsequent “Littrell is too good for UNT” talk.....he won’t be here long. So you better pay me. 

rubs me the wrong way. That’s all. 

• Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3

6 minutes ago, ADLER said:

And here’s the other thing. I think Littrell IS performing to the best of his abilities.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

36 minutes ago, RBP79 said:

How much of the last two years success belongs to G Harrell? 

I wasn't a GH fan but this year has been a dumpster fire without him it seems.

The USC qb threw for 515 yards against UCLA today. Not saying he is the reason we are bad this year, but definitely miss him.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

I'm not offering excuses for any of the coaches.

Our offense has horrifically under-performed this season, and well, our defense has horrifically under-performed this season. I see zero job security for either coordinator. I don't care how much they make.

I also expect Seth to make the difficult staffing decisions regardless of friendships. The captain may not have been steering the ship, but you well know who is responsible if the ship runs aground. 

A-Clockwork-Orange-3-750x430.jpg

We're down 20-0, to Rice, who's 1-9, and there's two minutes left in the first half, and we haven't gotten a first down yet?

Edited by ADLER
  • Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

If an offense underperforms, fire the oc.

If a defense underperforms, fire the dc.

If both substantially underperforms, than the problem is probably higher up.

Both coordinators were replacements for coordinators that had performed well and been poached to coach elsewhere. All hires in this profession are hit and miss. Seth has a history of also being able to hire capable assistants.

Of course you'd eventually have to make a change at the top, but not after one sub-par season. 

There's a reason why assistant coaches do not have guaranteed multi-year contracts, and why they don't have buyout clauses.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I will just say, be careful what you ask for.  Everyone, well 95% of the posters on here, wanted Graham Harrell gone after last year.  Look at the results and what he has done in a tough situation at USC.  Sometimes you don't appreciate what you have until it is gone.  Personally, I think Langston needs to go as well as Reffett.  My concern is who takes Reffett's place?  I know Jennings is one of our own, but I have not been impressed with our DB's and I think we have talent there to play better.

Anyway, change for the sake of change isn't always the answer.  We better have better options that we can bring in.

• Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 5

4 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

I am perfectly fine with that. But this line is a bunch of guys who had very few, if any, other FBS offers. And we don’t exactly have stud recruits backing them up. This year we sort of picked up the o-line recruiting but those dudes are unlikely to be upgrades as true freshmen next year.

Yup.

Other than Novil, I wouldn’t give a bag of beans for both lines next year. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Funny thing is the schedule was also pretty easy this year bc the conference overall sucks. Should have had a minimum six wins with this schedule but Littrell can’t win on the road. 

fire all the coordinators you want but the inability to win on the road or in meaningful games is ALL on the Head Coach. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

I am perfectly fine with that. But this line is a bunch of guys who had very few, if any, other FBS offers. And we don’t exactly have stud recruits backing them up. This year we sort of picked up the o-line recruiting but those dudes are unlikely to be upgrades as true freshmen next year.

Kinda like Rice’s O line.

#76 Gooseberry-Graduate Transfer from DII Ouachita Baptist.

#71 Servin, 1 FBS offer from Rice.

#55 Leverett, Graduate transfer from FCS North Carolina Central of the MEAC conference.

#54 Klarkowski, True freshman Walk On in 2019, starts at Center.

They had one member of their O line that had more than one FBS offer and that was #65 Chafin at RG, who Grad Transferred in from Stanford this year.

Rick  

• Confused 1

29 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

Kinda like Rice’s O line.

#76 Gooseberry-Graduate Transfer from DII Ouachita Baptist.

#71 Servin, 1 FBS offer from Rice.

#55 Leverett, Graduate transfer from FCS North Carolina Central of the MEAC conference.

#54 Klarkowski, True freshman Walk On in 2019, starts at Center.

They had one member of their O line that had more than one FBS offer and that was #65 Chafin at RG, who Grad Transferred in from Stanford this year.

Rick  

Yes. Very similar to the offensive line of the team that is second to last in the conference in points and yards per game. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1

Just now, Pavlovs Eagle said:

We've NEVER in the SL era been as good as our winning record indicates.

I have no complaints about the games we've won, or even the games that we've played our best but still lost.

Where I have issue is these 'must win' games where we have the personnel to be competitive but our schemes or preparation seem totally incompetent. The DC should be happy he was allowed on the return flight from Charlotte and the OC should be ecstatic he still had a job in the second half of today's game.

And when you figure we were behind 52-7 to a comparable rival that's playing poorly in a must win game, all team leadership needs to be evaluated.  

This crap just doesn't fly at other schools, and it shouldn't be accepted at North Texas.

• Thanks 3