UAB Attendance

emmitt01

5 hours ago, RBP79 said:

Sez 16000+ were at the game. I must of been at the wrong game. No way there were 16000 at the game yesterday but good for who ever does the official head out for Apogee!

Yeah maybe 10k, but I am surprised that all the suites were filled and there was quite a bit of people in the HUB Club. The SMU game, they had at least 2 of their suites that were empty

• Skeptical Eagle 1

52 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

there was quite a bit of people in the HUB Club.

There were multiple open tables to eat at anywhere from 30-60 mins prior to the game and at any given time, we were 2 of 6 people sitting in my section. A casual scan of the other sections appeared to show the same emptiness.  

We're starting to sound like SMU if we're saying "everyone was in the suites" when they try to justify their fake attendance numbers.

22 minutes ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

There were multiple open tables to eat at anywhere from 30-60 mins prior to the game and at any given time, we were 2 of 6 people sitting in my section. A casual scan of the other sections appeared to show the same emptiness.  

We're starting to sound like SMU if we're saying "everyone was in the suites" when they try to justify their fake attendance numbers.

True I would never want to sound like an SMU fan

1 hour ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Yeah maybe 10k, but I am surprised that all the suites were filled and there was quite a bit of people in the HUB Club. The SMU game, they had at least 2 of their suites that were empty

Cut 10k in half.  Then cut it in half.  Then you are probably within a thousand or so of the real number.

• Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Mean Green Matt said:

Cut 10k in half.  Then cut it in half.  Then you are probably within a thousand or so of the real number.

Lol maybe. Alumni side looked way more full than the student. I would say 8-10. I'm surprised they counted 16.

Now, wasn't the smallest attended game at Apogee in 2015 against UTEP?

• Downvote 1

Just now, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Lol maybe. Alumni side looked way more full than the student. I would say 8-10. I'm surprised they counted 16.

Now, wasn't the smallest attended game at Apogee in 2015 against UTEP?

8-10 thousand human beings? One-third of the stadium? Everyone in the stadium could have fit into about 4 sections.

• Downvote 1

What a revelation:  teams pad their attendance numbers.

I think in the Dodge era there is one year when NT started announcing real attendance numbers, that stopped in a hurry.

The reason is obvious, NT is then compared unfavorably to a great number of schools that pad their numbers even more. 

Again, if you didn't bother to attend; you should be disqualified from commenting on attendance

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

Hmmm.   Sounds like what the alumni get blamed for.  

People love to throw the students under the bus but if this program ever gets to where everyone wants it to go...students are the first ones who are going to get kicked out of the stadium not the alumni. 

2 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

What a revelation:  teams pad their attendance numbers.

I think in the Dodge era there is one year when NT started announcing real attendance numbers, that stopped in a hurry.

The reason is obvious, NT is then compared unfavorably to a great number of schools that pad their numbers even more. 

Again, if you didn't bother to attend; you should be disqualified from commenting on attendance

I don’t think anyone is surprised about the padded numbers. I think this is just a realistic discussion on a message board about what the real number was. It was really really bad. 

5 hours ago, Side Show Joe said:

I never mentioned Littrell's salary in my post. The simple fact is Littrell is in his 4th season, and had (on paper) his best team to date.

I would argue that last year’s team was the best on paper. I was guilty, as I think many in here were as well, of expecting too much this year. 

Offensively, we were set at the skill positions but quickly lost Bussey to injury and Smith appeared to play hurt all year at TE. We also had to replace our starting tackles and one expected starter, Plantin, was hurt all year.   Plus we had a new coordinator, and similar or not, we had to learn a new system.   The loss of GH had a greater negative effect than I ever imagined. 

Defensively, we had to replace our DT, English never panned our, and had to replace Young. Novil was strong in the middle but Young’s replacements were a marked downgrade. Two new starting CB’s had to replace Hall and Brooks and then Roberts, one of our more talented and probable starter left the program. To top it off, our two middle linebackers were replace by smaller, faster and younger players that had difficulty in traffic.

Recruiting is showing a marked improvement but the first class of the SL era was basically thrown together in a couple weeks. Our top talent are all underclassmen that will take some time to mature and contribute.