UAB Attendance

emmitt01

1 hour ago, Mean Green Matt said:

Yeah, but we’d never really seen Mason play either. We have quite a few guys that are highly thought of in what should be an intriguing QB battle. Is it just because we are NT that people assume the worst?

Let me put it this way, the evidence we do have definitely causes worry. It’s not like we have zero insight into what any of them can do

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 2

21 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Let me put it this way, the evidence we do have definitely causes worry. It’s not like we have zero insight into what any of them can do

What insight do we have into Will Kuehne? Or really, Austin Aune, who certainly looks good in his limited action. I’m guessing Kade Renfro is coming in with the full intention of competing for the starting job right from the beginning. I could be completely wrong, but I really think we are going to be ok at quarterback next year. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Mean Green Matt said:

What insight do we have into Will Kuehne? Or really, Austin Aune, who certainly looks good in his limited action. I’m guessing Kade Renfro is coming in with the full intention of competing for the starting job right from the beginning. I could be completely wrong, but I really think we are going to be ok at quarterback next year. 

This is why I don’t like the stance some are taking that we should use the UAB game to see the “future” of the program.  Not all of the future of the program is even on campus yet.  

Edited by UNT 90 Grad
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, THOR said:

i'll be there...last game of the year to see my tailgating crew and it's football on a saturday...no reason not to be there.  sure, the team disappointed, big deal, if my wife left me every time i disappointed her....well...shit...ya...i'll be there because i love the school and team...guess my wife loves me as well...some of ya'll flat out suck

LOL It's sad to see all of these people saying they wont go when it's Mason's last game. If this was a senior class (like maybe next year) and we are the same it would be a maybe.

I still love the Mean Green dont get me wrong

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Cr1028 said:

I don’t know why anyone is surprised. This is pretty typical of a Saturday after thanksgiving game. Maybe they should look at ending the practice of having games the Saturday after thanksgiving .

This is the exact reason I was unable to be there. Still out of town for the thanksgiving holiday until tomorrow! 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1

1 hour ago, DentonLurker said:

And this crowd today is why we aren’t ready to talk about moving up conferences

Yeah, that is the reason. 

You broke the code. 

Its the fan's fault if only we had a good crowd that awful waste of time season for the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Almost slid into the Big 12 this year. But that game after Thanksgiving just hanged us. 

9 minutes ago, Rudy said:

So, is it safe to talk about the pathetic student attendance? Or do the get a free pass because it's Thanksgiving Weekend?  Not like most of the students couldn't drive up here. 

Eh... Paid student attendance was 38k+. Butts in seats may be slightly lower, but at least they're financially supporting the program. 

2 hours ago, DentonLurker said:

And this crowd today is why we aren’t ready to talk about moving up conferences

No. If we get passed over for a spot in a better conference, it will be because our program has failed to live up to a higher standard. That is on our coaches and athletic leadership. Our attendance today 16,406 (yeah, I couldn't keep a straight face when I typed it either. 7,000 tops), is merely a result of our team's consistent poor performance, and our leadership's acceptance of low expectations. Our fans have shown up in big numbers, time and time again, only to watch Littrell's teams crap the bed.

By the way, I'm tired of apologist like you. You and the other down voters should be trying to hold our leadership accountable for this mess, not pointing fingers at the hardcore fans that endure this garbage year after year. The coaches and staff need to step up and own this steaming pile. And, our AD needs to speak up and assure the fan base that personnel will be changing, and things are getting fixed.

• Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 10

26 minutes ago, Side Show Joe said:

No. If we get passed over for a spot in a better conference, it will be because our program has failed to live up to a higher standard. That is on our coaches and athletic leadership. Our attendance today 16,406 (yeah, I couldn't keep a straight face when I typed it either. 7,000 tops), is merely a result of our team's consistent poor performance, and our leadership's acceptance of low expectations. Our fans have shown up in big numbers, time and time again, only to watch Littrell's teams crap the bed.

By the way, I'm tired of apologist like you. You and the other down voters should be trying to hold our leadership accountable for this mess, not pointing fingers at the hardcore fans that endure this garbage year after year. The coaches and staff need to step up and own this steaming pile. And, our AD needs to speak up and assure the fan base that personnel will be changing, and things are getting fixed.

Comedy Central GIF by Lights Out with David Spade

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2