***North Texas @ Rice OFFICIAL Game Thread***

Cerebus

Just now, NTXDJ said:

I'm usually not one to call for firings, but the DC has to change.  Same problem has existed all season.  Defense doesn't even start playing until 2nd quarter.  They gave up 17 points in the first 16 minutes today.  And how many times has that happened this year? 

Too many! 

It's easy to get 17 points when the other team can't make a first down.

Both coordinators should've had their jobs on the line today. Both failed to get their squads to perform.

• Upvote 6

Just now, Mike Jackson said:

The point is you have a much better chance of driving to FG range with less than a minute on the clock than a TD.   Moreover it wasn't a reasonable distance to get a first down or touchdown.  Low percentage conversion rate down.   Less than 10 yards to go it is a coin flip decision, I don't argue. 

You lost either way.

Point is, you have a better chance of winning if give the ball back up 21-20 than down 20-17. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Just now, MeanGreen22 said:

Breaking: UNT faithful rather have lost 20-17 than 20-14. Got it. Keep up the good work. 

No, I'd rather not squander a gifted 3 points after a fumble recovery and kill the momentum. We had them on their heels. You don't press on 4th & 12 with 4 min left on the clock and 2 timeouts. Take the points, and then kickoff. Who knows, Rice could fumble the return again, or we pin them deep and force them to play conservative to run the clock. 

• Upvote 3

Littrell is giving his post game comments on radio (don't expect them to be shown on youtube, UNT doesn't post those when we stink). SL said the team played better in the second half because they had a better "mentality", and his plan in the closing minutes was for "the team to keep fighting". At least he didn't roll out his tired old "we need to get another day better" crap. Wren please step in an make some changes.

-1 all you want. If you think those comments are that of a coach taking responsibility for this disaster of a season, than you are also part of the problem.

Edited by Side Show Joe
  • Upvote 12
  • Downvote 5

Just now, C Rod said:

No, I'd rather not squander a gifted 3 points after a fumble recovery and kill the momentum. We had them on their heels. You don't press on 4th & 12 with 4 min left on the clock and 2 timeouts. Take the points, and then kickoff. Who knows, Rice could fumble the return again, or we pin them deep and force them to play conservative to run the clock. 

If we’re doing “what-if” scenarios, what if Rice takes the kickoff back? Now you’re down 2 scores. 

Again, UNT lost either way. But keep arguing that they should’ve kicked a meaningless FG. I’m sure it’ll get you somewhere. 

• Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1

I apologize to the athletic department. They have the posted some of Littrells  post-game comments on youtube. Not the comment LS gave to Barnett, but similar to what he said in those comments. I will also give Brett Vito credit for asking harder questions too.

• Upvote 2