***North Texas @ Rice OFFICIAL Game Thread***

Cerebus

Just now, Mike Jackson said:

Gifted you 3 points on a fumbled kickoff return and you refuse to take it.  You would be down by 3 with almost 5 minutes in the game.

This is why you don’t kick the FG. No guarantee you get the ball back. Try and take the lead while you have the opportunity.  Simple analytics. 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, akriesman said:

Called not trusting your defense I think.

If you don't trust your defense a 1 point lead with over 3 minutes left in the game means nothing with competent college kicker.   What did they show?   They are almost in Field goal range now and they were just trying to run clock.  I wish I had the money to fire Seth now!  This is horse 💩

• Eye Roll 1

11 minutes ago, MeanGreen22 said:

This is why you don’t kick the FG. No guarantee you get the ball back. Try and take the lead while you have the opportunity.  Simple analytics. 

That drive took too long. No choice at thst point except to go for it 

Edited by Rudy
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, MeanGreen22 said:

If you can't stop anyone analytics don't mean squat.  That only makes sense if you are taking a 1 point lead counting on the clock stopping the opponents offense before your defense.  With more than 3 minutes left that is stupid application of analytics.  With over 3 minutes you are just counting on the offense stopping themselves or the kicker missing a kick under 40 yards.

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

Just now, Mike Jackson said:

If you can't stop anyone analytics don't mean squat.  That only makes sense if you are taking a 1 point lead counting on the clock stopping the opponents offense before your defense.  With more than 3 minutes left that is stupid application of analytics.

Well.. if you have a 1 point lead and can’t stop them, at least you gave yourself a chance to win. If you kick the FG then can’t stop them, what the hell was the point of the FG?

• Upvote 1

With only 238 total yards against Rice, every offensive coach (except Cobb) should be fired. And we all know the defense needs to be completely overhauled.

I have lost my faith in Littrell's ability to lead this team. Some one should start a poll and see what the pulse of the fan base is right now.

Edited by Side Show Joe
  • Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1

I'm usually not one to call for firings, but the DC has to change.  Same problem has existed all season.  Defense doesn't even start playing until 2nd quarter.  They gave up 17 points in the first 16 minutes today.  And how many times has that happened this year? 

Too many! 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, MeanGreen22 said:

What do your simple analytics say about converting a 4th & 12 from the 15 yard line?

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

Just now, MeanGreen22 said:

Well.. if you have a 1 point lead and can’t stop them, at least you gave yourself a chance to win. If you kick the FG then can’t stop them, what the hell was the point of the FG?

The point is you have a much better chance of driving to FG range with less than a minute on the clock than a TD.   Moreover it wasn't a reasonable distance to get a first down or touchdown.  Low percentage conversion rate down.   Less than 10 yards to go it is a coin flip decision, I don't argue.