Rhode Island (11/22/19)

CMJ

Only positive, was good effort for most of the game.

Geu and Gibson played well, the rest of the team not so much.

McCasland's offense just is not up to winning games against good teams. 

Get behind and still take most of the clock to shot on most plays, is not a recipe to beat anybody.   Particularly, with a great number of unforced turnovers. 

I believe Reese and Hamlet can be good offensive players, but not in this slowed down offense. 

I don't think anyone thought that NT would win a game in Jamaica, but the way this game was lost was disappointing. 

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Only positive, was good effort for most of the game.

Geu and Gibson played well, the rest of the team not so much.

McCasland's offense just is not up to winning games against good teams. 

Get behind and still take most of the clock to shot on most plays, is not a recipe to beat anybody.   Particularly, with a great number of unforced turnovers. 

I believe Reese and Hamlet can be good offensive players, but not in this slowed down offense. 

I don't think anyone thought that NT would win a game in Jamaica, but the way this game was lost was disappointing. 

We should have split games in Jamaica... expectations for most were high this season. A 20 plus win season is looking like a 5-6 win season sadly. The worst part is we had another guard sign a few days ago. Seems like Napoleon Syndrome runs strong with this team. Defense is still pretty good, but every other aspect is poor and more 6-4 and under guards (unless their a top 100 recruit) aren’t going to make a difference. 

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, Andrew said:

We should have split games in Jamaica... expectations for most were high this season. A 20 plus win season is looking like a 5-6 win season sadly. The worst part is we had another guard sign a few days ago. Seems like Napoleon Syndrome runs strong with this team. Defense is still pretty good, but every other aspect is poor and more 6-4 and under guards (unless their a top 100 recruit) aren’t going to make a difference. 

Yes, a loss to Rhode Island means NT will only win a couple of more games this year.  I guess a win would have boosted that victory total to maybe double digits for the season. 

You know RI was 26-8 last year and has already beat Alabama this year.   

I have to retract my statement because obviously you believed NT would beat RI, but I doubt many others made that pick. 

NT started Geu and Zack Simmons, so I don't know about napoleon syndrome.  

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1

On 11/22/2019 at 8:06 PM, Andrew said:

I would like to have him if we could dump Reese and Hamlet. We need to speed it up and protect the ball. 

I would like us to work Jackson in more and give him a shot to outplay Hamlet. Jackson is a far better passer, and he has looked like a better pick and roll ball handler but I’d like to see more to prove if that’s true. Plus Hamlet is turning it over a lot. If turnovers are why you would be hesitant to play a freshman, you might be able to throw that fear away since you’re already getting a ton of turnovers with Hamlet.

Reese is fine. He’s a catch a shoot 3 guy and he has looked capable in that role. Outside of that role he hasn’t looked great, but that’s why his role shouldn’t be much outside of stretching the court

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

I would like us to work Jackson in more and give him a shot to outplay Hamlet. Jackson is a far better passer, and he has looked like a better pick and roll ball handler but I’d like to see more to prove if that’s true. Plus Hamlet is turning it over a lot. If turnovers are why you would be hesitant to play a freshman, you might be able to throw that fear away since you’re already getting a ton of turnovers with Hamlet.

Reese is fine. He’s a catch a shoot 3 guy and he has looked capable in that role. Outside of that role he hasn’t looked great, but that’s why his role shouldn’t be much outside of stretching the court

I also like Reese on the boards and he's a pretty good help side defender.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Wookies said:

I also like Reese on the boards and he's a pretty good help side defender.

Yeah, I was mainly talking about the offensive side of the ball with regards to his role. He could use some works on letting guys take him off the dribble, but he’s a good player who can be a starter on a good CUSA team imo.

• Upvote 1