Rhode Island (11/22/19)

CMJ

Rhode Island is currently 3-1 officially, 4-1 if you count their exhibition against Rhode Island College.  They beat LIU by 11, Alabama by 14  and Nichols St. by 5.  Their lone loss was to Maryland by 18.  

They have four players averaging in double figures led by G Fatts Moore at 17.3 points per game.  Cyril Langevine averages a double double at 11.0 pts and 12 rebounds per game.  It appears mainly run  a seven player rotation.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 2

14 hours ago, Mean Green Matt said:

That’s the spirit! 

OK, point taken! For the record, I am pretty optimistic about the season overall, and I have a lot of faith in McCasland.  I am just trying to emotionally brace myself for a lot of tough moments in the early part of the season.  

Having so many new pieces to fit into our offense, we are struggling to find a rhythm and any consistency (though the NC A&T game revealed signs of improvement).  I think we have a deeper roster, which will pay dividends by the end of the season, but we are missing Woolridge's explosiveness out of the PG position.  So, new faces plus a challenging out of conference schedule probably equates to a frustrating first month and a half of the season, but hopefully (fingers crossed) we will make up for those early losses with a big improvement in conference play vs. last year.

But yeah, Rhode Island has a very strong program.  Utah State is one of the top teams in the nation.

• Upvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1