This can’t be good...

C Rod

28 minutes ago, Udomann said:

That's bait. And never even the question or the argument made. You are trying to spring a trap to invalidate any discussion points made before, even if that wasn't even the point being made, so I'm not stepping in it to validate your own pride against an argument you made up.

I have not to this point said SL needs to be replaced. I have drawn hints that maybe he should be if he cannot improve this program. I have said we need to replace Reffett. And Reeder is on thin ice as a first year. 

cache_36165700.gif?t=1446819404 
OK man.   You win.

11 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

No....the game was over from the first play when they hit us on a 75 yard wheel route for 6, and our defense were all looking at each other like it’s everyone else’s fault,....confirming several of our fans greatest fear from the week before while reading about the coaches convention in New York and the  K State bullshit,....that this was going to be another unprepared team.  

And it was.

My only regret was that I didn’t walk to the car and head back to Texas then.

Rick

Did you forget that the defense tightened back up and we forced them to 2 3-&-outs before tying the game, only to see Fine hurt during that TD drive late in the 1st quarter?
The game was "over" when Fine went out and QS came in to throw all those INTs... giving UTSt plenty of extra opportunities to score with very favorable field position.   Obviously, their offense was a high-powered offense with a NFL caliber QB, so they didn't really need our help... but we gave it to them anyway.   
I'm not saying UTSt wasn't going to score on our defense.  That was inevitable. 
I'm not saying we would have won that game either. 
I'm just saying they wouldn't have scored as much, and we would definitely have scored more.  I really think it would have been a great back & forth game.  But, alas, the score is what it was, and people will remember it as it was, a thorough a** whooping.
There is no way that game would have been the runaway it was if Fine had stayed in.  Period.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 2

22 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

cache_36165700.gif?t=1446819404 
OK man.   You win.

Did you forget that the defense tightened back up and we forced them to 2 3-&-outs before tying the game, only to see Fine hurt during that TD drive late in the 1st quarter?
The game was "over" when Fine went out and QS came in to throw all those INTs... giving UTSt plenty of extra opportunities to score with very favorable field position.   Obviously, their offense was a high-powered offense with a NFL caliber QB, so they didn't really need our help... but we gave it to them anyway.   
I'm not saying UTSt wasn't going to score on our defense.  That was inevitable. 
I'm not saying we would have won that game either. 
I'm just saying they wouldn't have scored as much, and we would definitely have scored more.  I really think it would have been a great back & forth game.  But, alas, the score is what it was, and people will remember it as it was, a thorough a** whooping.
There is no way that game would have been the runaway it was if Fine had stayed in.  Period.

Fine doesn’t play on defense.

But hey,...whatever excuse it takes to help yourself get over it is ok by me.

Rick

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 4
  • Downvote 3

8 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Irony: calling anyone who points out to 2 straight 9 win seasons #olddenton, but yet believing a recruit is gone just because he received an offer from a P5.

Well that's a fictitious stretch if I've ever heard one there (original)

image.png.c4edcc854fcfc63c4aeca704d9bd211b.png

If you guys want to attack me for having a dissenting opinion, cool. But let's stop the theme of making stuff up just for the sake of attacking.

• Confused 2
  • Eye Roll 1

41 minutes ago, Udomann said:

Well that's a fictitious stretch if I've ever heard one there (original)

image.png.c4edcc854fcfc63c4aeca704d9bd211b.png

If you guys want to attack me for having a dissenting opinion, cool. But let's stop the theme of making stuff up just for the sake of attacking.

The back and forth is what’s ridiculous.  I think we’re all in agreement: some changes are necessary on the defensive staff and, if we continue through 2020 on a downward trend, Seth’s seat gets really hot really fast.

As far as I can tell, we have a small vocal army who insist on unrest.  They keep quacking when, at the end of the day, I think we’re not really disagreeing.  It just takes a few (or a lot of) pages of hair splitting, word-smithing, and watered-down points to get there.

Then we all shake hands, someone submits the obligatory and over-played #olddenton, then we hit the sack and rinse-repeat the next 24 hour cycle.  I haven’t really gained any new knowledge.  I end up just wondering if I need a break from the board and if someone actually hates me.

• Upvote 1

So I've talked to him recently, and he said he's graduating early from high school and coming to UNT. That FSU offer was obviosly to just get more attention and maybe stars.

He'll probably be at all spring workouts if he stays

If he decommits, I don't know what to say

• Upvote 5

34 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

So I've talked to him recently, and he said he's graduating early from high school and coming to UNT. That FSU offer was obviosly to just get more attention and maybe stars.

He'll probably be at all spring workouts if he stays

If he decommits, I don't know what to say

With Bean showing next to nothing in his opportunities and Martin seemingly out of the picture, this kid has to think he could come in and win the starting job for 2020

• Upvote 1

Just now, MeanGreen22 said:

With Bean showing next to nothing in his opportunities and Martin seemingly out of the picture, this kid has to think he could come in and win the starting job for 2020

Oh yeah for sure. He'll have to put a fight against Bean and Aune, but there is a chance he could start

Just now, FirefightnRick said:

63-49 final.  Hell of a game by Renfro and his team against #1

Renfro’s  numbers.  14-28-306 yards, 3tds. 2ints...the last was on an attempted Hail Mary.

Kid sounds like a fighter.  I hope he comes to play for us.

Rick

That is really good to hear. He'll be here in December

• Upvote 2