This can’t be good...

C Rod

1 hour ago, Udomann said:

Completely fair point there (if you ignore ACC vs CUSA imbalance)

If our recruiting ceiling was as high as FSU, that would be a good argument to make to recruits. Just once I'd like to see us pull off a great OL. I'll keep reaching for that rainbow...

ACC v CUSA argument doesn't really hold weight. Both teams are playing peer programs and the results are what they are. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

ACC v CUSA argument doesn't really hold weight. Both teams are playing peer programs and the results are what they are. 

And how many sacks do you think we'd have against us if we played in ACC? or if FSU played CUSA? peer programs or not, we need their standards. not CUSA standards. That is why we continue to fail

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 2
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 3

1 minute ago, Udomann said:

#olddenton

Image result for sure jan gif

Mason is tied for 7th in the conference for times sacked, that means 6 folks have been sacked more than Mason this year.

64th in the nation for times sacked, tons of P5 programs are getting pounded more than Mason

Edited by Withers940
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Withers940 said:

Im sure if SL could block for Mason, he'd do a lot worse.

But instead he gets 1.7MM and a private jet to find someone who can.

How's that going for him?

I won't apologize for this staff. SL is half out the door. The rest are still trying to find the door.  They failed unt big and we need changes to stay competitive 

Edited by Udomann
  • Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 9

But instead he gets 1.7MM and a private jet to find someone who can.

How's that going for him?

I won't apologize for this staff. SL is half out the door. The rest are still trying to find the door.  They failed unt big and we need changes to stay competitive 

You work with assumptions like Picasso did with paint. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

This thread took a weird turn with the Seth Littrell complaining...But @Withers940 is completely right. With all of the things Kade has said in the past. It’s just way more than a typical recruit. I think he wants to be here and I think he wants to be the face of this program moving to the next level. And we all want him to be that too. 

• Upvote 4

Just now, 97and03 said:

I’m pretty sure we have found the new UNT90 with this guy. 

Why? Because I expect better than rock bottom? Because I think we can be and should be better? Because our vaunted staff hasn't lived up to their expectations? The continued blowouts? The lack of recruitment pipelines? The poor staff decisions, particularly on the defensive side? The fact that we have amazing facilities but cannot get the recruits in? How about that we have no real backup qb. No o line or d line in the immediate future. Please tell me.... where is our upside?

Oh... we aren't Portland state bad. If that's your bar for success  then go ahead with the accusations. But I will not sit here while my beloved school and team throws money in the toilet for this. I expect better. You should too. Be proud of what your school can be.  Not this circus... we are circling the bowl bottom of CFB yet again.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 7
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Udomann said:

Why? Because I expect better than rock bottom? Because I think we can be and should be better? Because our vaunted staff hasn't lived up to their expectations? The continued blowouts? The lack of recruitment pipelines? The poor staff decisions, particularly on the defensive side? The fact that we have amazing facilities but cannot get the recruits in? How about that we have no real backup qb. No o line or d line in the immediate future. Please tell me.... where is our upside?

Oh... we aren't Portland state bad. If that's your bar for success  then go ahead with the accusations. But I will not sit here while my beloved school and team throws money in the toilet for this. I expect better. You should too. Be proud of what your school can be.  Not this circus... we are circling the bowl bottom of CFB yet again.

We are coming off of two nine win seasons. Our down year is probably going to end 6-6. Recruiting has picked up big time. Everything is going to be fine. 

• Upvote 2
  • Ray 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 2
  • Downvote 2

14 minutes ago, Udomann said:

Sure. Let's resort to insulting someone over facts.  That's good discussion. I'm just expressing my views.  I've not attacked anyone. This is a discussion board, yes?

Of course.  I’d like to hear your thoughts on what SL has done well. Granted he deserves criticism for this seasons shortcomings. Discussion board, yes?

• Upvote 1

Because of the same broken record style. Every post in every thread is the same. I am not sure where you get that anyone is ok with this season’s failure. But almost no one is ready to burn everything down. And certainly no one else but you has to post the same critique over and over, as if posting on a message board is the final piece of the puzzle that will get NT to the next level. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/20/2019 at 6:05 AM, H-towngreen said:

I’m not worried. They don’t have a coach! Highly unlikely baby Briles I there next season once the new coach comes in. If anything this is Briles laying some groundwork for wherever he ends up next. 

This. this is a freak out about nothing Renfro may sign here or not, but I doubt it is FSU where he will end up, given the impending coaching change.