This can’t be good...

C Rod

4 hours ago, Wag Tag said:

Playing close to home where his family can watch was important. Hope it still is. Is he now a 4 star?

This has been his angle since day 1.  He’s even said so.  I admire the kid on his hustle!

Thanks Coach Briles for pulling the trigger & helping the cause... probably knows he’s doing Kade a solid & that he’s not even going to be there long enough to see him on campus if Kade happened to pull the trigger.

I think Kade sticks with NT, and possibly leapfrogs Williams as our #1-rated recruit after this offer.  Whether he’s a 4-star or not?  We’ll see.

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1

Couple of issues he should consider:

1.  As many have already mentioned, Lil' Briles may be gone after this season.

2.  FSU is a mess from the top down.

3.  I am thinking young Mr. Renfro looks at everything, considers Briles has a checkered past of basically selling sex to recruits while at Baylor, and sticks with us.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Florida State throughout the years is very much a roller coaster. They have some ranked years without a stellar record, some pretty bad years, then obviously the pinnacle of winning the National Championship with Jameis "You Skrong?" Winston. They are a dumpster fire right now with no coach and potential cleaning out of the coaching staff, but you never know. Hoping it's just to angle for that 4th star

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, All About UNT said:

It is clear we need a QB to replace Fine and we haven't "found" him yet.  

36 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

How would we know we haven’t “found” him yet?  How would we know what we have currently on our roster?

Rick

Statistically we may never replace Fine. But that isn't a bad thing. We have some talented QB's behind Fine. I favor ones who are like the QB at TCU.  He just finds a way to score points in very adverse circumstances against high level opponents.

This spring will be real interesting.

I don't even see this as a conversation. A shot at FSU is 10x more valuable than UNT. Look how we ran Fine into the ground. Running for his life on every play. Which QB would look at us as opportunity rather than plan B? We aren't there yet. And our staff made sure of that this year.

• Upvote 5
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 9

1 hour ago, Udomann said:

I don't even see this as a conversation. A shot at FSU is 10x more valuable than UNT. Look how we ran Fine into the ground. Running for his life on every play. Which QB would look at us as opportunity rather than plan B? We aren't there yet. And our staff made sure of that this year.

FSU - 120th in sacks allowed at 37.

UNT - 37th in sacks allowed at 16. 

This ^^^^^^ has turned into a theme in Tallahassee. He would be running for his life there as well. 

• Upvote 7

2 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

FSU - 120th in sacks allowed at 37.

UNT - 37th in sacks allowed at 16. 

This ^^^^^^ has turned into a theme in Tallahassee. He would be running for his life there as well. 

Completely fair point there (if you ignore ACC vs CUSA imbalance)

If our recruiting ceiling was as high as FSU, that would be a good argument to make to recruits. Just once I'd like to see us pull off a great OL. I'll keep reaching for that rainbow...

• Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 4