'20 DT Sedrick Williams - Kilgore JC

ntmeangreen11

6'2 302 DT, SWJCFC Player of the year, originally from Houma, LA.

Not sure how to post tweets but his twitter says we offered 4 days ago or so. Has a BUNCH of CUSA schools after him 247 hasn't updated every offer. I really want this guy.

https://247sports.com/player/sedrick-williams-46080328/

https://www.hudl.com/profile/9418402/Sedrick-Williams

• Upvote 2

I wonder why he hasn't received any P5 offers yet. 12 FBS offers, and the only Louisiana school that has offered him is ULM. His hometown is in far southeastern LA so I don't think location plays in to our favor. 

I would not mind seeing us fill out the rest of the class with JUCO players, especially if they are of this caliber. We are looking at 55 or so players on scholarships being either freshmen or sophomores next season we could use some 2 and 3 year players since we are thin on upperclassmen.

• Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

These are the recruiting battles we have to win.

*these are recruiting battles you want to win. 

of course it’s sucks not getting a recruit you really want but there’s no shame in losing out to a program that’s in a better conference and just recently took you to the woodshed. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, MeanGreen22 said:

*these are recruiting battles you want to win. 

of course it’s sucks not getting a recruit you really want but there’s no shame in losing out to a program that’s in a better conference and just recently took you to the woodshed. 

I agree with you.  We found the kid, and Houston saw that and jumped at landing him. It happens.  I can live with that because we did find a good player who others saw value in.  Much better to lose these types of battles because it means you are targeting the right kids versus landing kids that you would have landed anyway.

My only thought is it would be nice to get data on why they chose Houston over us -- was it facilities, conference proximity to family etc..

No one ever said recruiting was easy, it's tough and complex as a G5.  All I have ever asked is that we use best practices that we see at the elite G5 programs which are leading to success   /end