Huge Attendence issues for CUSA schools

Cerebus

30 years ago there wasn’t 50 games on every Saturday. There wasn’t the absolute need to have good cell phone connectivity.  People didn’t have 65 inch TVs where you could watch replays from 12 Angie angles.

i don’t think the CFB game is leas appealing, I think the at stadium experience is much less competitive versus staying home, watching your game anyway, and 12 others. 

1 hour ago, Cerebus said:

30 years ago there wasn’t 50 games on every Saturday. There wasn’t the absolute need to have good cell phone connectivity.  People didn’t have 65 inch TVs where you could watch replays from 12 Angie angles.

i don’t think the CFB game is leas appealing, I think the at stadium experience is much less competitive versus staying home, watching your game anyway, and 12 others. 

I won’t disagree with any of that but in my observation people, however slightly, don’t care about the game as much.  

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

Also, overall the C-USA is down a lot in attendance. Teams like USM and FAU (who never attract fans anyway) and UAB are having way less numbers than last year. USM's most attended game was 30k against Alcorn State. 

Sure teams can blame the strength of teams that they play at home, and the weather but overall attendance has been bad. The best examples are MTSU, UTSA, UTEP, and probably Charlotte

• Thanks 1

On 11/19/2019 at 7:46 PM, Cerebus said:

Not only that but it’s expensive. I don’t have kids yet, but I can only imagine what those of you who do spend on a game day 

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, meanJewGreen said:

Not only that but it’s expensive. I don’t have kids yet, but I can only imagine what those of you who do spend on a game day 

It's ruinously expensive at the club level.  Per seat, couple thousand dollars to the stadium, several hundred for the MGC each year, about a hundred per ticket per game.    Most of the people I know with kids either don't bring them, cutting them out of the experience, or don't move to the club.

4 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

It's ruinously expensive at the club level.  Per seat, couple thousand dollars to the stadium, several hundred for the MGC each year, about a hundred per ticket per game.    Most of the people I know with kids either don't bring them, cutting them out of the experience, or don't move to the club.

My son may Menendez me if I tried to do that to him.

• Haha 2
  • Ray 2

On 11/19/2019 at 12:16 PM, UNT86 said:

I don't think the top deck of Legion Field is open anymore.  It wasn't last time I went there.

If they only used the bottom deck, they could probably come close.

I think Rice may do the same with their stadium. 

Most of the seating on Legion field is covered now with tarps.  Top deck was condemned and demoed a few years ago.  Legion field is a Grade A dump.  They also have more tailgaters outside than scanned tix inside.  Will be interesting to see if the new stadium has a good setup for tailgating.  It's in a more confined urban area than Legion Field, which is in low income warzone looking area full of abandoned buildings.

For all the poking fun about Rice's stadium on this board, I though it was nice for a SWC era stadium that hadn't had more than a few coats of paint slapped on it in 30 years.  Lot better condition than the 50k seat Sunbowl.