Rice just beat Middle Tennessee

UNT 90 Grad

I was watching the Memphis-Houston game yesterday and saw a familiar player, only he was wearing #14 for Memphis. After a couple of plays I thought "damn! that's Jyaire Shorter!" Shorter is younger and still learning, but if our OC is smart they would add one more way of getting him the ball like Memphis did........from the RB position.  Here's his highlight reel from the SMU game....

Maybe we could add a running play or two (one from the RB position and one being a "jet sweep") for the Rice game.

Edited by SilverEagle

38 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

I was watching the Memphis-Houston game yesterday and saw a familiar player, only he was wearing #14 for Memphis. After a couple of plays I thought "damn! that's Jyaire Shorter!" Shorter is younger and still learning, but if our OC is smart they would add one more way of getting him the ball like Memphis did........from the RB position.  Here's his highlight reel from the SMU game....

Maybe we could add a running play or two (one from the RB position and one being a "jet sweep") for the Rice game.

Based on the comments I saw in the other Shorter thread, his ribs are still banged up (but not fractured). He may not be 100% by the time the Rice game comes around.

7 hours ago, peanuts104 said:

I've been saying it all year.  Rice has played a lot of good teams close.  Their defense appears to be pretty good.  This isn't going to be a gimme of a win.

57th in run defense giving up only 147 yards a game.

68th defense overall.

Bloomgren is an offensive guy,...but his background is as an offensive line coach from the pros on down and obviously knows the priorities at running the ball.  But he seems to understand that its the defense that sets the tone.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 3

They were close all season, and I was sure they would eventually jump up and bite someone. I am almost glad it happened before NTs game, that way NT knows exactly what they are in for. On the down side, when you finally win one of many close ones - as Rice just did - sometimes that frees up the ketchup bottle, so NT really needs to be careful. I am sure the Rice players will be very excited to play this game right now.

Any news on whether Fine will be ready to go for the game?

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, outoftown said:

They were close all season, and I was sure they would eventually jump up and bite someone. I am almost glad it happened before NTs game, that way NT knows exactly what they are in for. On the down side, when you finally win one of many close ones - as Rice just did - sometimes that frees up the ketchup bottle, so NT really needs to be careful. I am sure the Rice players will be very excited to play this game right now.

Any news on whether Fine will be ready to go for the game?

Fine just had a bowl of wheaties this morning and got some throws in with Uncle Rico.