Who Is Going to the Rice Game?

meanJewGreen

Yes, it's been a bummer of a season but the Alumni Association is throwing a great tailgate and hopefully we wont have a problem with Rice (pray). Should hopefully get a lot of us out there. 

I'm bringing a Baylor fan, who else is joining?

Post game at Kenny and Ziggy's Post Oak. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

The conference volleyball tournament is down there that weekend as well. First march is Friday night. I’m surw the team would love the support. 

The conference is once again showing they never use their brain. If we win Friday, we will more than likely play Rice at 2:30pm on Saturday. The exact same time as North Texas is playing Rice in football right next door. There is a noon semifinal available. But critical thinking from conference leadership is just way too much to ask. 

• Upvote 1

Thanks, @meanJewGreen!

Better late than never?  Here's the official Alumni Association announcement - I didn't have time to post this last week, and then was out of town for the weekend.

image.png.18f1c245147723bbe0a40c57fbd4d0f1.png

Hello!

Just like you, I’m an alum of the University of North Texas living here in the Houston area. I just wanted to let you know about our tailgate for the UNT-Rice game coming up Saturday, November 23, at Rice Stadium (outside Gate 4)!

Alums and their friends and families (including kids!) are all welcome to join us for food, drinks, UNT giveaways, kids’ activities and spirited Mean Green fun with plenty of networking among fellow Mean Green alumni. (How often do you meet people in Houston who know about New York Sub-Hub, Beth Marie’s and Scrappy?!)

To register, just go to https://untalumni.com/unt-rice-tailgate-2019/. Have questions? Just send me an email or reach out to Claudia Taylor with the UNT Alumni Association (claudia.taylor@unt.edu).

We’d love to see you there - Go Mean Green!

It's open to everyone, so if you're driving in from out of town (like @meanJewGreen) register and join us!

• Upvote 2

On 11/16/2019 at 4:11 PM, meanJewGreen said:

Yes, it's been a bummer of a season but the Alumni Association is throwing a great tailgate and hopefully we wont have a problem with Rice (pray). Should hopefully get a lot of us out there. 

I'm bringing a Baylor fan, who else is joining?

Post game at Kenny and Ziggy's Post Oak. 

Looks like I'll be there. And probably bringing a Baylor fan too. Is your Ms. coming too?

1 hour ago, Jason Howeth said:

Looks like I'll be there. And probably bringing a Baylor fan too. Is your Ms. coming too?

Naw I gave her the week off. She's supported UNT enough this year for not being a sports fan, got a buddy who wanted to tailgate with me. 

Tickets...

Since there's no way Rice ever comes close to selling out their stadium, I normally just buy my tickets when I get there.  But the Alumni Association sent me this link to buy tickets from from our Athletic Department.  Wait - $30 for General Admission? 

I went to https://riceowls.com, and it has this link, which has GA tickets for $13.  Huh?  It isn't even Ticketmaster, it's fevo.com (never heard of it).  Well, it does say "713 Community Heroes", and then clicking the ABOUT tab, it says "Rice University is set to celebrate 713 Community Heroes at Rice vs. North Texas game. Community Heroes can purchase up to 7 tickets at $13 for this game."  So they're supposed to be for a special group?

I finally found the ticketmaster link: https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/rice/EN/buy/details/19FB1123.  GA tickets are $20 there, and there are $30 reserved tickets which include the sections (110 & 111) which are usually the visitor sections.  So maybe the ones you buy from NT aren't actually GA.

If you're inclined to buy online, you can support the Mean Green, or you can try to get $13 tickets.  Or, you can just wait until you get there.  I've found that you can sit in the visitors sections even with a GA ticket - I don't recall ever seeing any "Seat Nazis" at Rice Stadium.

23 minutes ago, Stix said:

Tickets...

Since there's no way Rice ever comes close to selling out their stadium, I normally just buy my tickets when I get there.  But the Alumni Association sent me this link to buy tickets from from our Athletic Department.  Wait - $30 for General Admission? 

I went to https://riceowls.com, and it has this link, which has GA tickets for $13.  Huh?  It isn't even Ticketmaster, it's fevo.com (never heard of it).  Well, it does say "713 Community Heroes", and then clicking the ABOUT tab, it says "Rice University is set to celebrate 713 Community Heroes at Rice vs. North Texas game. Community Heroes can purchase up to 7 tickets at $13 for this game."  So they're supposed to be for a special group?

I finally found the ticketmaster link: https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/rice/EN/buy/details/19FB1123.  GA tickets are $20 there, and there are $30 reserved tickets which include the sections (110 & 111) which are usually the visitor sections.  So maybe the ones you buy from NT aren't actually GA.

If you're inclined to buy online, you can support the Mean Green, or you can try to get $13 tickets.  Or, you can just wait until you get there.  I've found that you can sit in the visitors sections even with a GA ticket - I don't recall ever seeing any "Seat Nazis" at Rice Stadium.

Bought my reserved tickets on StubHub for 6 bucks each. 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

lol Most of the time they don't know so I call for the main guy.

Probably get them at the gate though

I bought from the UNT ticket office a few years back for the Tulsa game. I went to claim my tix and was greeted with crickets. I mentioned Roy, our UNT contact, and was immediately handed comp tickets. I’d like to think we’ve grown since then. Still miss Roy, though.  He was great.  

• Upvote 1