NT vs Arkansas (Can I watch it anywhere!?)

UNTexas

3 minutes ago, UNTexas said:

I've been looking and can't figure out if it on TV or streaming? 

http://web1.ncaa.org/NCAATV/exec/query

Broadcast Date/Time (ET)      Description                                                                                  Network                 Status

11/15/2019   7:30 PM                             Division I Women's Soccer First Round - North Texas vs. Arkansas (3)           SECN+ (Webstream)     Live
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Typical. We have one shot, one shot on goal and zero corners. Arkansas has 11 shots, 4 shots on goal and 4 corners. We are going in to our shell. Hedlund playoff soccer. 

We do appear a little overmatched but are hanging tough. We had a couple attacks that looked promising. 

Just now, UNTLifer said:

At the half:

UNT: one shot, one shot on goal, zero corners. 
Hogettes, 16 shots, 5 shots on goal, 5 corners. 

Typical big game coaching.  Can’t win if you don’t shoot the ball. 

Once again. The reality is we are a little overmatched here. Does that mean we can’t win? No. But if you are watching you can clearly see we aren’t just passing up opportunities to shoot. 

Just now, UNTLifer said:

At the half:

UNT: one shot, one shot on goal, zero corners. 
Hogettes, 16 shots, 5 shots on goal, 5 corners. 

Typical big game coaching.  Can’t win if you don’t shoot the ball. 

Last I hear, you have to score to win, they don't award goals based on how many shots you take. 

This is just like the football team playing a SEC team, not likely one player for NT was thought good enough for Arkansas to recruit.  

11 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Last I hear, you have to score to win, they don't award goals based on how many shots you take. 

Last I hear, you have to shoot to score. You can’t win if you don’t score and you can’t score if you don’t shoot. 

• Eye Roll 1

I am not trying to be an ass, but this is our season, year after year. The conference record is impressive but don’t we need someone to get us over the hump, play to win a big game and advance in the tournament?  Just trying to hold all of our coaches to the same expectations. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Just now, UNTLifer said:

I am not trying to be an ass, but this is our season, year after year. The conference record is impressive but don’t we need someone to get us over the hump, play to win a big game and advance in the tournament?  Just trying to hold all of our coaches to the same expectations. 

If you're looking to hold our coaches accountable, you may want to start somewhere other than the one program that consistently wins conference championships.  

• Upvote 3

This isn’t about being overmatched... I hate being right but I say it every effing year. This style of play of hedlunds will never work on the big stage. Never. 
it isn’t even about taking shots. It’s about not having a style of play that really even lets you create one.  
he wins so he stays. But he will never win a big game. Never. 

update: down vote all you want, but I have said this for literally the last ten years and I have yet to be proven wrong. And even if one time they get lucky, i still stand by what I said... this style doesn’t work. It is literally the easiest to defend. It’s trash kick ball with low percentage opportunities. 

to debate this honestly makes me wonder one’s soccer knowledge. What team on any competitive level has won a tournament with this style?!?! 

Edited by Travis
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

10 minutes ago, Mean Green Matt said:

If you're looking to hold our coaches accountable, you may want to start somewhere other than the one program that consistently wins conference championships.  

Just because his “hump” is conference titles, shouldn’t we still aim to advance at some point, or are we just to be happy winning conference and then being one and done?

• Downvote 1

Just now, UNTLifer said:

Just because his “hump” is conference titles, shouldn’t we still aim to advance at some point, or are we just to be happy winning conference and then being one and done?

I don't necessarily disagree with your overall point.  But if we are holding all of our coaches to the same expectations what does that mean for the many that haven't even won a conference title?

Just now, TheColonyEagle said:

Same thing happened last year. While we can’t seem to attack the other team just puts us under siege and eventually the D just can’t hold forever. 

When your tactic is the long ball against a good team, all you are really doing is just clearing the ball over and over again and letting them reload. 1. You will never score (enough) that way and 2. Eventually the other team will get one in. 

if hedlund wants to actually win one of these, he has to change tactics for the team completely. He won’t do it. But we will always get the same result. Always. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Mean Green Matt said:

I don't necessarily disagree with your overall point.  But if we are holding all of our coaches to the same expectations what does that mean for the many that haven't even won a conference title?

I like Hedlund and what he has created. I also totally agree with what @Travis is posting. I attended our playoff game in Lubbock a couple of years ago. It was extremely frustrating to watch.  I mean, we had one shot the entire game...ONE!

It would be like McCasland winning conference every year and then running a four corners offense in the NCAA tournament each year with every possession ending in a shot clock violation. 

I started making these comments because I am a fan of Littrell and was being sarcastic, but it is true. If our expectation is to take all of our programs to the next level, then something has to be done here as well. 

Edited by UNTLifer