Beyond The Green

TheColonyEagle

28 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Hedlund should be held to the same standard as our other coaches and it appears winning conference is as far as he can take us.  Time to bring someone else to take this team to the next level.

M81QrvS.gif

It would be nice if the other coaches could actually win conference first (let alone winning it year-after-year-after-year-after-year....)before we put them on Hedlund's job security level.

• Upvote 1

On 11/15/2019 at 10:37 AM, UNTLifer said:

It's time to take the next step.  Hedlund should be fired if we don't beat Arkansas.

It's  not easy when you are playing a team that is just overall better than us. Held them scoreless for nearly 60 minutes

1 hour ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

It's  not easy when you are playing a team that is just overall better than us. Held them scoreless for nearly 60 minutes

We have never, ever scored a goal in a NCAA playoff game...EVER.  We had one shot on goal last night that was from a set piece and ended up being a direct kick right at the goalie.  We never threatened to score.  Hedlund goes in to a shell in these games.  We don't even try to win.

• Downvote 2

Just now, UNTLifer said:

We have never, ever scored a goal in a NCAA playoff game...EVER.  We had one shot on goal last night that was from a set piece and ended up being a direct kick right at the goalie.  We never threatened to score.  Hedlund goes in to a shell in these games.  We don't even try to win.

I think you are trolling on this topic now. If you aren't, my goodness. The idea that Hedlund went up there with no intention of trying to win is so much absurdity.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Mean Green Matt said:

I think you are trolling on this topic now. If you aren't, my goodness. The idea that Hedlund went up there with no intention of trying to win is so much absurdity.  

I went to the playoff game at Tech a couple of years ago and felt like it was a wasted trip on my part.  Why?  It didn't appear that we even attempted to attack.  We just sit back all game.  If there is intention of winning it doesn't appear so considering we get minimal shots, spend very little time on offense and have never scored a goal in a playoff game.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

On 11/16/2019 at 9:28 PM, UNTLifer said:

I went to the playoff game at Tech a couple of years ago and felt like it was a wasted trip on my part.  Why?  It didn't appear that we even attempted to attack.  We just sit back all game.  If there is intention of winning it doesn't appear so considering we get minimal shots, spend very little time on offense and have never scored a goal in a playoff game.

Okay, well you are irrelevant to talk to. It's not like they are gonna go dominate the other team with offense. Hedlund is a defensive minded HC, and that's why we are always solid on the defensive side

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

2 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Okay, well you are irrelevant to talk to. It's not like they are gonna go dominate the other team with offense. Hedlund is a defensive minded HC, and that's why we are always solid on the defensive side

I am irrelevant to talk to?  I am not asking us to dominate the other team with offense, and I understand Hedlund is a defensive minded HC, but it appears we make zero attempts to control the ball, attack offensively, etc... in these games.  The lack of goals in any playoff game would confirm this observation. I am just asking that we appear to try and score, make an effort.  @NorthTexasSportsNetwork, I don't expect a reply since I am irrelevant.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1