North Texas stadium fumbles among worst venues in college sports

Pavlovs Eagle

http://dallas.culturemap.com/news/city-life/11-12-19-unt-apogee-worst-college-football-stadiums-moneywise/

I see the SMU loving media is still looking for ways to 💩 on North Texas. 

Not sure I agree with any of this other than the attendance numbers. Parking has been better than most of the C-USA stadiums I've visited this year and many other P5 stadiums I've been to.

Discuss...

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

Frankly I love the stadium and the layout. Game day experience has really gotten a lot better the last couple of years!  Obviously this piece is not accurate. Maybe they should consider season tickets, park right next to the entrance!  Maybe even tailgate some before the game if they want! 

#GMG

• Upvote 6

i dont even get mad at these stupid online critiques of EVERTHING nowadays.   Why would a personal finance website "Moneywise" even perform such a survey.   Yes, when I want up to date sports infomation, I turn to an online financial adviser. 

I love the part about bad parking.  The parking against the stadium is nice....Any other parking is at Fouts or on campus..Yeah - i'm sorry you have to walk....Obviously the guy has never been to a football game before.   I've been to numerous Notre Dame games, and we walked for what felt like an hour.   That's part of college football. 

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, trud1966 said:

i dont even get mad at these stupid online critiques of EVERTHING nowadays.   Why would a personal finance website "Moneywise" even perform such a survey.   Yes, when I want up to date sports infomation, I turn to an online financial adviser. 

I love the part about bad parking.  The parking against the stadium is nice....Any other parking is at Fouts or on campus..Yeah - i'm sorry you have to walk....Obviously the guy has never been to a football game before.   I've been to numerous Notre Dame games, and we walked for what felt like an hour.   That's part of college football. 

My OU experience was exactly the same.

• Upvote 7

This is just crazy. The article is a rehash of another article. And the premise of the original is a stadiums "value" is directly tied to attendance and nothing else. Based on that, the smaller the stadium the higher the "value!" It doesn't take into account any kind of financials beyond straight ticket sales and even gets those wrong by making the assumption all of the seats are the same "value."

• Upvote 5

20 hours ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

http://dallas.culturemap.com/news/city-life/11-12-19-unt-apogee-worst-college-football-stadiums-moneywise/

I see the SMU loving media is still looking for ways to 💩 on North Texas. 

Not sure I agree with any of this other than the attendance numbers. Parking has been better than most of the C-USA stadiums I've visited this year and many other P5 stadiums I've been to.

Discuss...

It’s yet another way we see the uphill road we have to walk to be relevant in this area, much less state or region. The SWC media legacy around here is still strong. I’ve never seen a group more interested in seeing a team succeed like they all do with SMU. It’s like they feel bad that they brought them down for cheating and they got the Death Penalty for it and never recovered for decades.

Meanwhile, this same group of people thinks we are super spare to even have a football program and that we most be spat upon at ANYTHING we achieve. Seriously, Apogee is about 10x nicer than Ford Stadium. It’s one of the best G5 stadiums around. Until this piece of shit article, I’ve never heard anyone say a bad thing about Apogee, especially if they ever had to sit down at Fouts for a game, which was the worst stadium in America, bar none.

• Upvote 2

The author's "survey" he referred to was actually reviews on Yelp where the guy that complained about parking still gave Apogee a 4 star rating.  It is a b.s. article from a writer that has never set foot in any of these stadiums.  It is a b.s. hatchet job.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Biased, yeah, but also just NO research done. Take this for example:

"The Mean Green lose more than half their home games, though their overall season records have improved since 2015, when they went a dismal 1 and 11."

It takes a quick Wikipedia search to find out the Mean Green's record at Apogee is 34-15, and I think that's even a few wins outdated...

• Upvote 1

Not! I have tickets on the 50, lower deck at AT&T stadium with food and liquor. I have club seats at Apogee; food is much better and the seats are just as good. Parking at Apogee is a breeze compared to most FBS schools in the country. Article is BS! 

• Upvote 1

I don't know who Jonny Carroll, the photographer credited with the drone (I guess) shot of Apogee is, but unless I am mistaken, that photo was taken before the pedestrian walkway over I-35E was built.  Also, much of the seating that has been around for years is not in the picture either.

Whatever our problems, Apogee isn't one of them.

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 1