Chad Morris Out

Big Z

Just now, MGNation92 said:

At one point word on the street was Norvell was flirting with taking the UNT job.

I wish we would've hired him instead of Littrell

Yeah. Is what it is at this point. 

I almost hope we don't make a bowl. I saw that if we do we may get matched up with Temple. Oh the ass whipping that will be. It'll look like one of these 4 vs 1 HS playoff games coming around on Friday night. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Yeah. Is what it is at this point. 

I almost hope we don't make a bowl. I saw that if we do we may get matched up with Temple. Oh the ass whipping that will be. It'll look like one of these 4 vs 1 HS playoff games coming around on Friday night. 

The irony is....I'm guessing Littrell gets some sort of bonus if we make a bowl? Think about that...

(If my facts are wrong there I'll stand corrected)

• Eye Roll 1

2 hours ago, greenminer said:

But they're paying him over 2 million.  I'm sure Memphis has its own Ben, calling for higher expectations and a demand for the next level.

What's another 100k each to save us from those miserable bowl efforts.

As for expectations, this was posted by one of our very own within the hour...This is where the line is drawn. But, hey, at least a damn enough is given to draw a line. More than what 99.7% of our other alum has done...paid attention. 

I will support SL unless we lose to Portland St. in embarrassingly miserable fashion.

Go Mean Green

• Downvote 1

14 hours ago, TheColonyEagle said:

The irony is....I'm guessing Littrell gets some sort of bonus if we make a bowl? Think about that...

(If my facts are wrong there I'll stand corrected)

Considering we have been to 11 in our entire history that was probably a sound goal when he arrived.  Going to a bowl game in each of his first three years is something no coach has ever done at UNT.  Hell, half of you just love Dickey and the man's overall record is like twenty games below .500 and that gets  you a practice facility named after you.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Considering we have been to 11 in our entire history that was probably a sound goal when he arrived.  Going to a bowl game in each of his first three years is something no coach has ever done at UNT.  Hell, half of you just love Dickey and the man's overall record is like twenty games below .500 and that gets  you a practice facility named after you.

Most coaches get bonuses for going to bowls. I know that.

My point was after this disaster of a season (and it HAS been a disaster) LIttrell gets to walk in and shake hands and get another nice check. The visual of that is the ironic part for me after he failed spectacularly this season. Especially on the heels of him agreeing to stay here and finish what he started only if we paid him more.......even though he hasn't proven anything yet.

And I've made this clear...Unlike others that may see me as "ungrateful" I don't look at this 2019 team with the highest paid coach in the conference through the lens of our history, because it's totally irrelevant to what we have now. LIttrell has more to work with here than all of our previous coaches combined. And I'll say it again, I'm not saying Littrell should be fired now. But if he doesn't win the worst conference in the nation in the next 2 years, he should be fired. 

As for comparing him to Dickey, you know what Dickey had to work with and what Littrell has to work with is night and day. We'll see if LIttrell leaves here with a winning record. I sure hope he does but that trend is not heading in that direction.

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

On 11/14/2019 at 9:52 AM, UNTLifer said:

In 1995, I believe there were less than 20 total bowl games (18?)

There are now 40. 

On 11/14/2019 at 9:52 AM, UNTLifer said:

No, you get a practice field named after you, when it is a condition of a big donation.