Chad Morris Out

Big Z

Morris will land on his feet as an OC again at a P5 somewhere. And I bet some SBCUSA team will hire him as a head coach in the future just because they will see how he turned SMU around from being the worst team in the country to a winner in 3 years in the AAC. Also, I think most people realize that Arkansas is a cluster right now and that it’s going to take a while to get rid of Bielema’s old style mindset offensively. Whoever Arky gets next will look pretty good if they can coach the spread...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

25 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

Morris will land on his feet as an OC again at a P5 somewhere. And I bet some SBCUSA team will hire him as a head coach in the future just because they will see how he turned SMU around from being the worst team in the country to a winner in 3 years in the AAC. Also, I think most people realize that Arkansas is a cluster right now and that it’s going to take a while to get rid of Bielema’s old style mindset offensively. Whoever Arky gets next will look pretty good if they can coach the spread...

UA issue is same here at UNT, the HC loves the offense but fails to realize Defense is also needed to win games. UA could not stop a wet paper bag the last 2 yrs. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Morris is overrated.  True, he loves his offense and it sucks almost as much as his defense.  They should have never hired him in the first place, just like Bielema who brought an old school offense to the SEC...bad fit.  Arkansas would solidify their reputation as a cluster by bringing Petrino back as well.  I have heard the top names are Norvell, Leach and possibly Napier at UL-La.  The would do well to get Norvell to move a couple hours NW to Fayetteville.  I am surprised the Mad Hatter hasn't been mentioned.

They need to do something because they are losing commits left and right.  Speaking of losing commts, Kansas just lost two OT's.  They are both Midwestern boys, but we should go after them.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, ASmallRecruit said:

My friends, we are stuck with Littrell.  In the coaching business, you have to strike while the iron is hot.  Seth's iron is no longer hot.  Dykes' and Norvell's are.

If Littrell wins 9 games next year (doubtful but you never know) he'll be back on the "hot" list. If I'm WB...I've made my last extension to Littrell for this contract period. He needs to have his short list ready for the next time Littrell puts a foot out the door again.

• Eye Roll 1

2 minutes ago, ASmallRecruit said:

I personally think our fan base is out of its mind.  Seth Littrell has taken us to three bowl games in a row.  What more does anyone want?

We could still go to a bowl game this year if we can beat UAB.  We've had some tough injuries...and, our best receiver from 2018 mistakenly thought he had NFL talent and left.

The only thing we don't have this year is a bona fide play maker on the defensive side of the ball. 

Littrell is a coach we should hold onto for as long as we can...(until the OU job opens up again and swallows up him or Josh Heupel...or both!).

If you are telling me that we should pitch Littrell overboard after going 5-7 or 6-6 following three bowl seasons...well, we have lost our minds if we do.  This isn't a football factory.  We need a Littrell to give it stability.  He's not perfect, but he's still got a lot left in his tank. 

Can we quit saying "HE GOT US TO THREE BOWL GAMES IN A ROW!" He's actually led us to bowl eligibility twice. We would've been bowl eligible all three times but he shit the bed vs a horrible UTEP team. When you say that you might as well say "he led us to a 5-7 season one year!" That's a great example of the narrative that's been formed about Littrell. I wonder if his agent had "3 straight bowl games" on his resume when pushing for the new deal. I'm sure he does.

And I didn't say we should pitch him overboard. I said if he gets back on the "hot" list again and starts looking elsewhere again...let him. Don't try to "outbid" a supposed P5 offer. Be prepared to move on.

I'm grateful for what Littrell has done. He got us out of a wasteland. And he got rewarded. Good for him. Now get us ranked.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Eye Roll 3

39 minutes ago, ASmallRecruit said:

I personally think our fan base is out of its mind.  Seth Littrell has taken us to three bowl games in a row.  What more does anyone want?

We could still go to a bowl game this year if we can beat UAB.  We've had some tough injuries...and, our best receiver from 2018 mistakenly thought he had NFL talent and left.

The only thing we don't have this year is a bona fide play maker on the defensive side of the ball. 

Littrell is a coach we should hold onto for as long as we can...(until the OU job opens up again and swallows up him or Josh Heupel...or both!).

If you are telling me that we should pitch Littrell overboard after going 5-7 or 6-6 following three bowl seasons...well, we have lost our minds if we do.  This isn't a football factory.  We need a Littrell to give it stability.  He's not perfect, but he's still got a lot left in his tank. 

You mean that Littrell guy who would have dumped us last year for KST had he gotten what he wanted? That’s the stability you’re talking about? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 2

48 minutes ago, ASmallRecruit said:

How did those bowls go for us? Out first year pity bowl was the best showing we made. The other two we got blown out. Badly. As in not even remotely competitive. And we should see that as a plus? 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 4

1 minute ago, Wag Tag said:

5yrs ago  1-11  you are told you may go to 4 bowls in a row??  Give me a bowl with a loss than no bowl at all. Just like all our sports the Coaching and facilities is on the rise! Get over it! 

We haven’t gone to 4 yet....

And I don’t want to hear any complaining if we get stiffed at 6-6 considering we got it go at 5-7. 

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ASmallRecruit said:

There you go with your facts and reasoning...that won’t play real well with many posters on here. SL makes $1.8 million dollars and has 4 more years to go on it after this, IIRC. Going 5-7 isn’t getting him bought out around here. We are paying $7.2 million to replace him and pay someone else $1.8 million. This isn’t a power school budget living on gigantic TV contract revenues and conference money. He will be coach here next year. And he’ll be here in 2021 if we don’t have a huge turnaround. My guess is that his last year here would be 2022 at some point if he can’t turn it around.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 2

40 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

There you go with your facts and reasoning...that won’t play real well with many posters on here. SL makes $1.8 million dollars and has 4 more years to go on it after this, IIRC. Going 5-7 isn’t getting him bought out around here. We are paying $7.2 million to replace him and pay someone else $1.8 million. This isn’t a power school budget living on gigantic TV contract revenues and conference money. He will be coach here next year. And he’ll be here in 2021 if we don’t have a huge turnaround. My guess is that his last year here would be 2022 at some point if he can’t turn it around.  

Wouldn’t it be ironic, considering we obviously weren’t good enough for Littrell last year as he pursued the KST position, if ultimately Littrell ends up not being good enough for UNT. Ha!

Edited by meangreenbob
  • Eye Roll 2

10 minutes ago, meangreenbob said:

Wouldn’t it be ironic, considering we obviously weren’t good enough for Littrell last year as he pursued the KST position, if ultimately Littrell ends up not being good enough for UNT. Ha!

That K-State job offer that wasn’t for SL  is looking more and more like the Arizona State job offer that went away from june Jones at SMU. Let’s pray it doesn’t end the same way...

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

With everyone wanting to get rid of Littrell, I would have thought they'd learn to b careful what we wished for. 

We couldn't wait to fire Dickey

We loved the Dodge hire

We couldn't wait to fire Dodge

We couldn't wait to get rid of Harrell

Be careful what you wish for... 

On 11/12/2019 at 9:46 AM, UNTLifer said:

Morris is overrated.  True, he loves his offense and it sucks almost as much as his defense.  They should have never hired him in the first place, just like Bielema who brought an old school offense to the SEC...bad fit.  Arkansas would solidify their reputation as a cluster by bringing Petrino back as well.  I have heard the top names are Norvell, Leach and possibly Napier at UL-La.  The would do well to get Norvell to move a couple hours NW to Fayetteville.  I am surprised the Mad Hatter hasn't been mentioned.

They need to do something because they are losing commits left and right.  Speaking of losing commts, Kansas just lost two OT's.  They are both Midwestern boys, but we should go after them.

How is Norvell different than hiring Morris?