Still my team

MeanGreen_MBA

I will be there to see the seniors off. I support the players. 

I do not support the coaching staff until changes are made. I do not support the athletic administration until they start to communicate with their constituents outside of sunshine pumping time. We need an administration that is just as transparent during the down times as they are during the up times...And we know they're ready to toot any horn that looks shiny. So, now, communicate the discrepancies and their vow to correct them. Until then, meh.  

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 6

22 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

I do not support the coaching staff until changes are made. I do not support the athletic administration until they start to communicate with their constituents outside of sunshine pumping time. We need an administration that is just as transparent during the down times as they are during the up times...And we know they're ready to toot any horn that looks shiny. So, now, communicate the discrepancies and their vow to correct them. Until then, meh.  

You don’t, by any chance, follow TCU...do you???

this is a blip on what has been a pretty good trajectory the last couple of years. Why burn down the house?

• Upvote 6
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3

2 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

this is a blip on what has been a pretty good trajectory the last couple of years. Why burn down the house?

Exactly. Think of it like the chart for a stock that has made gains over a period of time. There are periods where things dipped down but the overall trajectory was up when you look big picture. I am as frustrated as anyone but Seth has more than earned the benefit of the doubt for this just being a down year. 

• Upvote 9
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 2

6 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

No need to burn down the house. And, no, I don't follow TCU. I follow UNT. 

But the trajectory hasn't been really that good. It's been a lot of smoke and a maze of mirrors...

Seth Littrell record vs what I perceive as good opponents and/or big games... 

2016 -                                            2017 -                              2018 -                                         2019 - 

Florida - L - 32-0                 Iowa - L - 31-14                   Arkansas - W - 44-17               Cal - L - 23-17

MTSU - L - 30-13                SoMiss - W - 43-28             LaTech - L - 29-27                    UH - L - 46-25

Army - W - 35-18                 FAU - L - 69-31                    UAB - L - 29-21                         SoMiss - L - 45-27

La Tech - L - 45-24              Army - W - 52-49                Utah St - L - 52-13                    LaTech - L - 52-17

WKU - L - 45-7                      FAU - L - 41-17                   SMU - W - 46-23                        SMU - L - 49-27

UTEP - L - 52-24                  Troy - L - 50-30

SMU - L - 34-21                   SMU - L - 54-32

• Upvote 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

This year hasn’t gone exactly as we had hoped, but I am still proud and happy to support these players and coaches. This season will not cause me to speak ill of anybody associated with the program. I have been to more games than most, and will continue to do so.

i send out a request for us all to keep supporting the team and make it to as many games as you can. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

This year hasn’t gone exactly as we had hoped, but I am still proud and happy to support these players and coaches. This season will not cause me to speak ill of anybody associated with the program. I have been to more games than most, and will continue to do so.

i send out a request for us all to keep supporting the team and make it to as many games as you can. 

https://youtu.be/r43Rfh6Csjg

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Just what do you expect Baker to say or communicate more of?  

He has a mess to straighten out, but I doubt he is going to broadcast what his plans are to anyone.  What purpose would that serve?

Seth will be here next year even if NT loses out, which could happen.  Littrell will call the shots on his staff.  There almost always is a turnover in staff, but I doubt NT is going to have a problem with assistants getting better jobs. 

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 2

A lot of people say wren has to say something but honestly stable programs don’t do that. That’s just going to make things worse and puts coaches around the nation on notice that wren will sell you out when things get tough. I’m frustrated just like everyone else but somethings are best handled in house. 

GMG 

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Ray 1
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

The good thing about having the team suck like this is that the traffic is never much of an issue.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1

11 hours ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

Yep I don't like seeing us get beat up a lot, but I love going to Apogee every Saturday. 

Always apart of the Mean Green Family

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

9 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

Just what do you expect Baker to say or communicate more of?  

He has a mess to straighten out, but I doubt he is going to broadcast what his plans are to anyone.  What purpose would that serve?

Seth will be here next year even if NT loses out, which could happen.  Littrell will call the shots on his staff.  There almost always is a turnover in staff, but I doubt NT is going to have a problem with assistants getting better jobs. 

8 hours ago, Salsa_Verde said:

A lot of people say wren has to say something but honestly stable programs don’t do that. That’s just going to make things worse and puts coaches around the nation on notice that wren will sell you out when things get tough. I’m frustrated just like everyone else but somethings are best handled in house. 

GMG 

What in the actual hell? You want an admin that gives public evaluations every time the team has a bad season? Doesn't happen at any level of sports? You know why Ben? It would destroy culture and make hiring good people impossible. The AD's job is to communicate his evaluation of the program to the head coach and the President/Board. Undermining your coaches and thus recruiting publicly is about as counter productive as you can get and is the opposite of good leadership. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Ray 1
  • Confused 1

28 minutes ago, meangreenJW said:

What in the actual hell? You want an admin that gives public evaluations every time the team has a bad season? Doesn't happen at any level of sports? You know why Ben? It would destroy culture and make hiring good people impossible. The AD's job is to communicate his evaluation of the program to the head coach and the President/Board. Undermining your coaches and thus recruiting publicly is about as counter productive as you can get and is the opposite of good leadership. 

Who’s Ben? 😅

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, meangreenJW said:

No. I don't want evaluations. Just, a, "This season hasn't turned out the way we had all hoped. We will get it turned around." And it can come SL for all I care. Words of acknowledgement go a long way. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

No. I don't want evaluations. Just, a, "This season hasn't turned out the way we had all hoped. We will get it turned around." And it can come SL for all I care. Words of acknowledgement go a long way. 

That’s all you need? I don’t think of that at all when I read your requests for transparency.

• Upvote 1