Bowl Game?

MeanGreenBuzz

NT is going to have win the last two games to even be eligible, but in addition for me to have any interest in a bowl game: they are going to have to play much better.  

Just beating two poor teams is not enough, NT needs to make a statement by overwhelming these two teams. 

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, meangreenlax said:

ACU was the only gimmie on this seasons schedule.

We do not deserve to go bowling. Sorry to Mason and the other seniors, but they’ve had chances to win bowls and have fallen short. That’s life. The university needs to save the money and look forward to next year.

I would Not mind like a bowl scenario that gives our new DC a chance to get a jump start on 2020.

EDIT: Not sure about the “Saving” part of your post.  Do we actually lose money on these?

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Bowl costs are paid by the conference, I believe.   

Correct.   Then, the conference is paid back by the bowl, and any additional funds goes into the pool of money paid out to the conference members (with a higher % of money going to the actual bowl teams... so yet another reason we want to go bowling, regardless of whatever the outcome is).

Do it Mean Green! I’ve been away for 3.5 weeks with 2 more to go. However I will be there for Mason Fine Day and we are going to get a Big W!  Just beat down Rice in Houston and return home for the regular season finale of all finales. Section 105 ready to go off!

GMG

2 hours ago, DentonLurker said:

Getting to six wins and invited to a bowl is literally deserving to go. Not to mention, bowls are fun for athletes. They get some new swag, get to do some fun things, etc. Pretty sure talking about going to bowl games is a big deal on the recruiting trail for all the Non-P5 programs.

Any bowl would be our most watched game of 2019 & the perfect time for UNT to put together a 2 or 3 minute award-winning Mean Green Village production (shown early in the bowl game) for alums, future  students & future recruits to see that we are not (venue-wise) the usual kind of G5 program.  • The generic video school promo UNT used this Fall showing a football team dressed out in Red😳 was one helluva’ blunder by someone on campus. (I almost pulled an Elvis & shot out my TV screen after seeing the Red unis—just kiddin’).🙃

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Thanks 1