***OFFICIAL UNT VS. LA. TECH GAME THREAD***

Harry

1 hour ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

Not sure what to read into this, but this is the first time I recall in the modern era that UNT hasn’t posted videos of post-game interviews and highlights after a football game.  Maybe the video crew was tied up with soccer. 

Probably too embarrassed. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

Not sure what to read into this, but this is the first time I recall in the modern era that UNT hasn’t posted videos of post-game interviews and highlights after a football game.  Maybe the video crew was tied up with soccer. 

What is there to say?

6 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

I mean....they have 3+ years of Littrell pressers.....just replay one of them

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

Here you go:
"Well, give Louisiana Tech a ton of credit, they're a terrific football team.  Coach Holtz had his guys ready to go today and they made more plays than we did.   We didn't play up to our potential today, and there were issues in all 3 phases.  We have to do better, and that starts with me.  I need to do a better job of getting this team ready to play, then we need to execute and make routine plays.  With that, I'll open it up for questions..."

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Here you go:
"Well, give Louisiana Tech a ton of credit, they're a terrific football team.  Coach Holtz had his guys ready to go today and they made more plays than we did.   We didn't play up to our potential today, and there were issues in all 3 phases.  We have to do better, and that starts with me.  I need to do a better job of getting this team ready to play, then we need to execute and make routine plays.  With that, I'll open it up for questions..."

When I die, put “there were issues in all 3 phases” on my tombstone. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

"Well, give ___________ a ton of credit, they're a terrific football team.  Coach _________ had his guys ready to go today and they made more plays than we did.   We didn't play up to our potential today, and there were issues in all 3 phases.  We have to do better, and that starts with me.  I need to do a better job of getting this team ready to play, then we need to execute and make routine plays.  With that, I'll open it up for questions..."

Here you go.....we may not need it next week...but I fully expect to need it the week after.

I guess keep the impersonations coming.  Did they even have the Monday press conference yesterday?   I’ve not seen anything.  Radio silence from the Athletic Department on football since the game.  Maybe they even got to @aztecskin and @Aldo.   No Sunday Mean Green Nation Podcast that I’ve seen.  

giphy.gif

Are they having a coaches show at Rudy’s tonight?

Edited by UNT 90 Grad
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

I guess keep the impersonations coming.  Did they even have the Monday press conference yesterday?   I’ve not seen anything.  Radio silence from the Athletic Department on football since the game.  Maybe they even got to @aztecskin and @Aldo.   No Sunday Mean Green Nation Podcast that I’ve seen.  

giphy.gif

No show tonight due to the weather.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

I, uh, drowned my sorrows a little too well Saturday night. Plus daylight savings and all...

Press conferences are on Tuesdays

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

giphy.gif

There is a bye-week. There is no press conference during a bye week. This is standard. 

As far as the podcast, we had a scheduling snafu, but we are looking at alternative times this week! 

38 minutes ago, aztecskin said:

There is a bye-week. There is no press conference during a bye week. This is standard. 

As far as the podcast, we had a scheduling snafu, but we are looking at alternative times this week! 

Well, crap.  I didn't realize this was another bye week.  Man, we better be ready to roll in Houston (Rice).  We have never come out strong off of a bye week during SL's tenure.  Time to change that.

I'm watching the game on stadium right now. I was out of the country last week and missed it. Just a few observations.

Our DL doesn't fire off the ball. They pop up every play and La Tech's OL is able to  get under their pads and move them with ease.

Our tackling is terrible. Arm tackles are not going to do it. Attack the guys and wrap up.

Our OL, not very good either. The La Tech DL had little resistance getting to Mason and Siggers.

I really hope we can get a couple of JUCO OL/DL guys next year. A change at DC is also inevitable.

• Upvote 1