***OFFICIAL UNT VS. LA. TECH GAME THREAD***

Harry

46 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

why would you get down votes?

Word was he was playing better in Fall camp. Not sure why he ended up #3, maybe Bean came on strong at the end

Because people on this forum love to give down votes when they don't see something they don't like. Even if the truth is harsh or hurts 

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 3

27 minutes ago, ADLER said:

Oddly enough, I blame Seth.

If he had bothered to review the early out of bounds call at the two, we likely would have scored and started this game differently.

He didn't learn from the incident where the MTSU player scored even though he'd clearly stepped out of bounds. Somebody on his staff should be watching the video.

I agree, as bad as that review official was; it was worth a try. 

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Big Z said:

Not my fault 

I already called the ticket office, they said there was no return policy for suckers like me who bought the hype this season.  

I had full signal bars but no data during the game (thanks small town + big event) have a lot to say, but most of its been said already.

There's a total lack of leadership at this point from the coaches and probably the Athletic Dept.  Seth might be high on a list of potential Juco or FCS coaches, but I can't imagine any other FBS team is lining up at this point.  He's shit our bed, and now we're stuck with him unless G Brint wants to buy out the contract.

Going to Roma's in downtown Ruston for dinner.  We'll be the sad looking people in Green.

I'll be at Rice because I need two more round trips for A List on SWA.  Not expecting a win at this point though.

Edited by Pavlovs Eagle
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 5

1 hour ago, flyonthewall said:

The most disturbing thing to me is the drop off in the discipline.   I mean 4 or 5 penalties in the first half giving automatic first downs?  It might have been more.

Getting beat is one thing.  Giving it away, completely unacceptable. 

It was at least 7. There’s no accountability for undisciplined or bad play and it’s beenbthat way for some time.  And for me it was never more obvious than when the same available players that gave up 75 yards to Charlotte at the end of that game, got to all start against UTEP.

We never seem to use the bench as a teaching tool.

Rick

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, SilverEagle said:

I came back to watch just in time to see Aune hit McCrary (#86) with a great pass and run. I was impressed with McCrary's hustle during the spring. I was surprised how little he played this fall. He looks like a Jason Witten-type TE. 

Good to know. I know we just offered a JUCO TE, but I’m not too high on Asher Alberding and while I like the 2 TE commits, I’m not sure exactly how ready they’ll be next season. McCrary should have a shot if he keeps it up.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Ken14 said:

A bye week will help..... SL should get his point across as we are way past crunch time, down vote me if you wish but I think we win the last two.....GMG

A bye week means get ready for a new nightmare, judging SL teams prep coming off a bye week. Games get ugly quick

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

56 minutes ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

Don’t.  No regrets.  Food was great.  The stuffed catfish at Ponchatoulas was fantastic.  Caught the free game day shuttle from there to the game.  People were friendly.  Just hated the game results.  

Agree. Never regretted traveling to an away game. The game is only part of the experience. Thankfully. 

• Upvote 3

Look at Brammer here...   WTH is he doing?

Y’all, outside of the AWFUL snaps S.Mose keeps sending back periodically (where Mason has done a great job of picking the ball off his shoelaces, unfortunately Bean can’t), the swap of Riley Mayfield for Brammer has been THE reason for our OL woes.

Edit:   ... and Cam, ☠️.  Had the angle on him & everything.

Edited by MeanGreenTexan
  • Thanks 2

“I HATE YOU & THEN I LOVE YOU — IT’S LIKE I WANT TO THROW YOU OFF A CLIFF & THEN RUSH TO CATCH YOU!”

TYPICAL EMOTION OF A MEAN GREEN FAN DURING LOSING SEASONS OF THE LAST HALF CENTURY AT FOUTS & APOGEE STADIUMS.  
WE JUST WANT A WINNER OVER PROGRAMS WITH HALF THE RESOURCES OF UNT. 
 • ASKING TOO MUCH?

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1

6 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

“I HATE YOU & THEN I LOVE YOU — IT’S LIKE I WANT TO THROW YOU OFF A CLIFF & THEN RUSH TO CATCH YOU!”

TYPICAL EMOTION OF A MEAN GREEN FAN DURING LOSING SEASONS OF THE LAST HALF CENTURY AT FOUTS & APOGEE STADIUMS.  
WE JUST WANT A WINNER OVER PROGRAMS WITH HALF THE RESOURCES OF UNT. 
 • ASKING TOO MUCH?

GMG!

Well, to be fair, for the first 40 of those 50 yrs, we tried to do it with half the resources of other schools. Now that we finally have support from the admin, along with significant $$ donations, we're still struggling. 

To add to your lyrics/poem(?)..."Screw it...I'm jumping off the cliff!"

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

It was my first time going to Ruston.  Thoughts were:

1) Parking is confusing and not clearly marked.  Parking lot staff didn't know where to direct other than "not here."  I found a small lot on the south side of the stadium and parked for $10, so that was OK.

2) Concessions stands are a joke.  It took 15 minutes to pay for 2 waters and nachos because they didn't know how to operate the credit card machine.  Considering it's late in the season, I thought they would have that figured out by now.

3) I thought the restrooms at Rice were old and out of date, but they are AT&T Stadium quality compared to what I saw yesterday.  Rust everywhere, no hot water, empty soap dispensers but at least the paper towels were full.

3) The "event staff" had no idea where General Admission seating was located.  The gentleman even told me my ticket said GA and they don't have that section.  OMG...I figured it out.

4) That video board sucks!  It's hard to see and way too loud.

5) The pregame music was interesting.  I thought they would edit out the racist lyrics and curse words, but nah.

6) The event staff and fans were nice.

7) Our grey uniforms need to be burned.  They are ugly and bad luck IMO.  "Mean Green" but no green color...I don't get it.

😎 The fall foliage in east Texas was beautiful!

Good luck in Houston.  That game is on the NFL Network so I'm sure MF will put on a clinic for any curious eyes who may be watching.  GMG

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Philip Ferguson said:

1) Parking is confusing and not clearly marked.  Parking lot staff didn't know where to direct other than "not here."  I found a small lot on the south side of the stadium and parked for $10, so that was OK.

2) Concessions stands are a joke.  It took 15 minutes to pay for 2 waters and nachos because they didn't know how to operate the credit card machine.  Considering it's late in the season, I thought they would have that figured out by now.

3) I thought the restrooms at Rice were old and out of date, but they are AT&T Stadium quality compared to what I saw yesterday.  Rust everywhere, no hot water, empty soap dispensers but at least the paper towels were full.

3) The "event staff" had no idea where General Admission seating was located.  The gentleman even told me my ticket said GA and they don't have that section.  OMG...I figured it out.

5) The pregame music was interesting.  I thought they would edit out the racist lyrics and curse words, but nah.

7) Our grey uniforms need to be burned.  They are ugly and bad luck IMO.  "Mean Green" but no green color...I don't get it.

Good luck in Houston.  That game is on the NFL Network so I'm sure MF will put on a clinic for any curious eyes who may be watching.  GMG

Ditto to all you say!

30 minutes ago, Philip Ferguson said:

Yup. Place is a dump. Imagine the potential at LaTexh if they had Apogee flopped right there on that plop of land. They'd be in serious business. 

Just now, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Yup. Place is a dump. Imagine the potential at LaTexh if they had Apogee flopped right there on that plop of land. They'd be in serious business. 

I was also surprised how empty the place was.  I get everyone was watching LSU but if we had their record and it was Homecoming, Apogee would have been standing room only.  GMG

1 hour ago, Philip Ferguson said:

Also found this confusing.  I parked at the Optometrist office immediately north of the stadium property on the main road for $15.  It appears there was no cash parking on University property according to their GameDay parking site.  Not quite as confusing and as far of a walk as Charlotte's... but again, we do it better at Apogee.

Even this morning I had no data with full service signal in Ruston.  Tried to find some breakfast/brunch but there appeared to be almost zero options. Grabbed some Daylight Donuts (Boudin Kolaches!) and headed out.

Had the Veal Aristocrat for dinner at Roma's. That is the best pasta dish I've ever had... and that table bread! 😋

Edited by Pavlovs Eagle