***OFFICIAL UNT VS. LA. TECH GAME THREAD***

Harry

Just now, flyonthewall said:

The most disturbing thing to me is the drop off in the discipline.   I mean 4 or 5 penalties in the first half giving automatic first downs?  It might have been more.

Getting beat is one thing.  Giving it away, completely unacceptable. 

7 for 75 in the 1st half. 3 in one drive

Just now, flyonthewall said:

The most disturbing thing to me is the drop off in the discipline.   I mean 4 or 5 penalties in the first half giving automatic first downs?  It might have been more.

Getting beat is one thing.  Giving it away, completely unacceptable. 

Less penalties wouldn’t save NT. LaTech would’ve wiped the floor with NT with or without the flags. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, MeanGreen01 said:

Because i said IMHO Bean was overrated and Aune was better and should be 2nd team.  
Agree, Aune had a great camp and not sure why he ended up 3rd string. Good question.

Regardless, this is embarrassing and we may need to recognize that we are pretty helpless outside of Fine.  Without him, we may just be a bottom ten team.

Just now, ADLER said:

Oddly enough, I blame Seth.

If he had bothered to review the early out of bounds call at the two, we likely would have scored and started this game differently.

He didn't learn from the incident where the MTSU player scored even though he'd clearly stepped out of bounds. Somebody on his staff should be watching the video.

So much this.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, ADLER said:

Oddly enough, I blame Seth.

If he had bothered to review the early out of bounds call at the two, we likely would have scored and started this game differently.

He didn't learn from the incident where the MTSU player scored even though he'd clearly stepped out of bounds. Somebody on his staff should be watching the video.

+1 from me. There were even more incidents before MTSU that he should have learnt this from

Edited by outoftown

2 hours ago, SilverEagle said:

surprised

2 hours ago, TheColonyEagle said:

We always do against opponents with more talent. We don't put up fights against those teams. We get absolutely dismantled....

No one should be.  I think Seth is competent coach but not a great coach.  He only looked almost great because of Fine and the 2 dumpster fires that preceded him.  They have never consistently played up to their potential.  Too many in conference blowouts losses.

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Upvote 4

Have I mentioned lately that I am SICK TO DEATH OF LOSING TO TEAMS THAT THE GENERAL PUBLIC (not to mention students and alums) THINKS WE SHOULD DOMINATE BEFORE THEY WILL THROW THEIR SUPPORT OUR WAY.

I'll never forget my conversation with my son (a NT graduate) right before we went to a sports bar to watch the NO game against So Miss. I talked about our conference winning streak and how this was our fourth bowl game in a row. He just smiled and said "yeah, but whoever heard of most of those conference teams we beat, and how many bowl games have we actually won?"

• Upvote 4