Arkansas (11/12/19)

CMJ

Love our defense, but this offense is not creative.  Too much standing around.  We act like we are trying to beat them off the dribble but can't, not screens, no back screens, no motion away from the ball.  We just stand around the arc.  So frustrating.  McCasland has to make some changes.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 1

Just now, UNTLifer said:

Love our defense, but this offense is not creative.  Too much standing around.  We act like we are trying to beat them off the dribble but can't, not screens, no back screens, not motion away from the ball.  We just stand around the arc.  So frustrating.  McCasland has to make some changes.

This is how Mcasland plays bigger teams. He tried to keep the score low and burn the clock so we don’t give up a huge lead. He has been this way the last 3 seasons. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Andrew said:

This is how Mcasland plays bigger teams. He tried to keep the score low and burn the clock so we don’t give up a huge lead. He has been this way the last 3 seasons. 

I mean we can't get a shot at all. We've had like 5 shot clock violations. Just nothing falling

Just now, Andrew said:

So our bench has scored zero points... we have no depth and honestly I’m not impressed with Reese or Hamlet. Wasted scholarships?

No they just aren't together as team yet. They need a few games to get the chemistry. Defense has been solid, but Hamlet and Reece just can't play together it seems

Just now, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

No they just aren't together as team yet. They need a few games to get the chemistry. Defense has been solid, but Hamlet and Reece just can't play together it seems

I was always worried about this season, but the VCU game perhaps game me false hope. Our defense seems above average, but our offense is as boring as it has ever been. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Andrew said:

I was always worried about this season, but the VCU game perhaps game me false hope. Our defense seems above average, but our offense is as boring as it has ever been. 

We just need to wait. It's the 3rd game with a mostly new squad. It looks a bit worrying right now

Just now, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

He is a really good lockdown defender, but he has made some rookie mistakes. can't blame him because he needs more time

Yup. When we signed him Mccasland said he believed he was one of the best on-ball defenders in the country. I think he can break down a defense better than Gibson or Hamlet, he just needs more experience obviously.