• Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Sign in to follow this  
Skipper

Tattoos and piercings shouldn’t be restricted in the workplace

As someone with tats and piercings, I 100 percent agree and am glad that the stigma has lessened thanks to the Boomers heading to the morgue while Gen X and millenials seize the majority of the workforce.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 5

Most businesses that discourage it do so because their clientele demands it.  Personally I have no problem with someone wanting to mutilate themselves in any manner they see fit.

• Upvote 1

Another subject that ask the question (and yes, you have EVERY right in the world to do what you want to yourself) - Is it OK to say that other "have to" accept what you do or they are "wrong". They might feel the same way about you, that you are wrong. Does not make one opinion wrong, just make for different sides. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

9 hours ago, CK4 said:

As someone with tats and piercings, I 100 percent agree and am glad that the stigma has lessened thanks to the Boomers heading to the morgue while Gen X and millenials seize the majority of the workforce.

They can have them at my company as long as they are covered up.  It is not a professional look, so ink up and pierce away, but don't blame others when you can't get hired.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Graddean said:

We agreed, and pointed out the employer had the same right not to hire him because of it.  Your right to a tat or piercing does not negate others rights to be turned off by them.

So much this!

For those who support the premise of this article, should employers even be allowed to have dress codes?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DentonLurker said:

So much this!

For those who support the premise of this article, should employers even be allowed to have dress codes?

Yes, without question. 

• Eye Roll 1

Sorry, I’m not a fan of tats and piercings.  Disgusting to be served food at a restaurant by someone with hog rings thru their nose, and enough piercings on their face to make them look like a fish lure.

But that’s just me.

Edited by DeepGreen
  • Upvote 3

13 hours ago, Censored by Laurie said:

I'll hire on merit. Tattoos...piercings...mohawk...

really anything but a goatee. if you have a goatee just end things and make this a better world. 

Or a man bun…….